Sign in to follow this  
bustedlifter

Holy frijoles

A buddy of mine calls me last Tuesday and says he's sending a seat pan for a bike he's putting in a show early next month. The artwork is with it and he needs it back by next Friday at the latest. I received it on Thursday and shipped it back to him yesterday afternoon. The last seat I covered for him was for a BSA he built and it won the semi-pro class at this show 2 years ago.He was invited to the Top 50 Builders show at Sturgis last year.

bean.jpg

post-1704-1205842894_thumb.jpg

Great lookin seat. May be another show winner! You definately have your own unique style goin on, and I dig it. :yes:

Beautiful work. I like how you take advantage of the beveling halo for modeling purposes in the eyes.

Bill

Thanks, the eyes were open a lot more on the original art, I thought it would look better slightly open. I changed the moustache and added the goatee, also.

Edited by bustedlifter

Great lookin seat. May be another show winner! You definately have your own unique style goin on, and I dig it. :yes:

Thank you, I know my buddy's hoping it is!

Wow, even such a simple pan seat can look badass with you working on it. Very cool.

Definetly a hot item!

Unique and nice motif and the border is really nice and should appeal to the biker scene I think.

Did you come up with the border yourself?

Good luck to your both!

Tom

Great looking seat there Busted, love the design, you made it look real good.

Ken

Thanks everyone. Tom, the basic border design was with the art he sent, I just embelished it a little.

ShirleyZ,there's a Razor scooter innertube in it in the widest part and 3 layers of my wifes old yoga mat take up the slack in the front.

Here's a bottom view;bottom.jpg

post-1704-1205864220_thumb.jpg

Hey Bustedlifter,

Can you show a pic of the Razor scooter Innertube? I know you have mentioned it before and I still don't get how it fits inside. :huh:

Hey Bustedlifter,

Can you show a pic of the Razor scooter Innertube? I know you have mentioned it before and I still don't get how it fits inside. :huh:

Sure, check it outDSCF1257.JPGDSCF1259.JPG I bend my pans with a kind of flat spot on the bottom of the curve, that's where I put the tube.

post-1704-1205875134_thumb.jpg

post-1704-1205875230_thumb.jpg

YOU'RE NUTS!!!! I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::thankyou:

Hey Busted,

What heappens if you get a flat?

Shirley

A flat ass? :head_hurts_kr:

Edited by Spider

Hey guy,

Great tooling on the seat. You've done a great job on it. Way to work under pressure too. Gotta love those deadlines.

David Theobald

Hey guy,Great tooling on the seat. You've done a great job on it. Way to work under pressure too. Gotta love those deadlines.David Theobald
Thanks Dave! I ditched my BK beveler and used my old Craftool on this one. The thing is he got a hold of me a couple months ago to cover a seat, then I didn't hear from him again until last week. No problemo!
Hey Busted,What heappens if you get a flat?Shirley
Just squirt some fix-a-flat in it! Edited by bustedlifter