Johanna

What is on your "wish list"?

With the holidays coming up, what leather and leather related goodies would you like Santa to bring you? Do you give a list to your SO, or do you hope your family gets it right? Do you ask for gift certificates?

If you could ask Santa for a leather something this year, what would it be? A tool? A hide? A machine? A new laptop to read LW? Do you always wind up with cologne and a tie whether you need them or not?

feedback.gif

Johanna

My wish list (leather related) is a Tippmann Boss, and more orders than I can shake a mallet at....maybe a little inspiration.

In lieu of that, I'd settle for the orders and some really good callouses :D

Christmas for my family has, for several years now, been about getting together. The kids make out okay, and the rest of us make do. My parents have repeatedly asked that no gifts be given to them, as they have waaay too much stuff accumulated after 40 years together.

We typically trade recipes, and stories, cook for each other...the usual family stuff :)

And no, no cologne.

I am pretty hard to shop for leather wise. I pretty much have what I need to get the job done. The only things that really interest me much now are a unique new stamp, an old tool with history, or creature comforts for the shop. I traded my son back pickups and found my black gold Resistol and harmonica....I guess I'll just ask Santa for some hippo or another pink shirt or two now.

A "thin" Christmas this year - for a variety of reasons. I think we've agreed to limit gifts to those that will fit in each person's stocking. The in-laws will be over and they've gone pretty much bust over the last year or two. I'm having a hard time getting through to them that the most important thing is for family to be together, and not the gifting. They're pretty talented artistically, so hopefully they'll make something.

I think if I had room for a wish, I'd want a custom maker stamp. (At least something better than what I have.) I have to be careful - I did a pretty good job picking out this wife and she'll try to get anything I ask for.

There's another reason I may not get any leather stuff for Christmas: I was a very naughty boy yesterday. I called Microsoft and chewed on them for an extended period about some issues with their software. And I don't intend to apologize.

I'd like a really good head knife! One that holds a sharp edge more than 5 minutes. I'd also like a sharpening fairy to visit, and sharpen all my dull tools!

I told my wife I wanted the Sheridan book by Bob Likewise and anything on Barry King's website would suit me just fine. But if I don't get any of it it will be alright. Our little boy will be 16 months old and it will be a great time with him. He was born three months premature and only weighed 2.5 lbs. He's doing great now though.

Merry Christmas everyone,

CW

cowboydawson.jpg

post-5332-125984876597_thumb.jpg

Edited by CWR

I really like hilly's Idea, some elves get dropped off and are tools are miraculously sharpened over night.

Dink

I asked Santa for a high-powered 3-axis laser engraver and a NC milling machine. Don't know if all that will fit on his sleigh, though. Might have to arrange a motor freight transport.

Kate

Well my wish list for leather related items is a mile long, but what I really want is for my family and friends to have a wonderful Christmas. Thats all I need...

I would like Santa to rent the Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi North Sweden (google for it, really cool in the words true meaning, drinks served in iceglasses) and bring over the whole leatherworker team and a bunch more people from here and we'd have a bash all together!!!

The spirit of X-mas is to sharegrouphug5vj5.gif

Merry X-mas all!!

Tom

With the holidays coming up, what leather and leather related goodies would you like Santa to bring you? Do you give a list to your SO, or do you hope your family gets it right? Do you ask for gift certificates?

If you could ask Santa for a leather something this year, what would it be? A tool? A hide? A machine? A new laptop to read LW? Do you always wind up with cologne and a tie whether you need them or not?

feedback.gif

Johanna

Leather related goodies? That's easy. I'd ask Santa for either an 8 1/2 x 11" tooled notepad holder, a tooled belt, or a classy waste basket by either Jim Jackson, Troy West, Bob Park, Don Butler, or several other top pros I admire. I've already been fortunate to get a one such article, a comb case.

I myself have given gift certificates in the past to Grey Ghost Graphics (Jeff Mosby) and Barry King. I'm sure any vendor would be happy to make up a gift certificate.

Since it's nigh impossible to buy for leather people, in reverse I have told family members I would be flattered to get gift certificates myself, and have; one from a cousin for Barry King tools.

The smart thing to do is, over the course of the year, if you see something unique or special, get it and just put it away for the holidays; unique tools, for example. Bob Douglas always has some one-of-a-kind tools and stamps. Leather related DVDs. Pattern books; Dover's a great source. You can buy some very elegant and/or cool conchos or silverwork to be given to others and incoporated into a piece. (I once made a prescription pad holder for a cardiologist; carved a human heart in the center of the piece, complete with prominent arteries and veins, backgrounded with basketweave, and in the corner mounted a silver valentine-style heart. The silver looked great). Just always keep presents in mind and buy throughout the year.

Harvey

I've seen pictures of the ice motel and that's about as close to it as I care to get to it. I can get plenty cold enough just walking out the door here lately. But Tom's idea of a get together is something that would be a great Christmas present! How about Jamaica or the Bahamas though. I like Harvey's idea too. Some of my favorite presents in the past (not just for Christmas) have been cool things made out of leather. Someday I'd love to have pictures by Robb Barr, Paul Burnett and Bill Gomer to add to my collection, or from a lot of the members of this forum too.

Jim Linnell has some items for sale on his Elktracks website that would make great Christmas presents!

I wish of inspired tooling, A more creative mind and my non leather wish is for peace and happiness in 2010.

Way too much! I think I might ask for a leather working book or two, but other than that I want/need too many things to ask for! What I need is for Santa to drop off a few thousand dollars..... yep, that would help out. ;)