wildrose

Pay It Forward

Count me in - The last one was fun! Deb

I will give it a try again.

Johnny

I'd like to take a moment to let all our new members who aren't sure of their abilities that it doesn't matter. The thing we're working on is fellowship among our members, and the opportunity to improve our skills.

Edited by TwinOaks

Please add me to the list, how firm on the size are we sticking to ? Would it be allright if it were a little bigger maybe index card size instead of business card size. ( I don't do well in confined spaces )

Edited by JRedding

To re-state and update some details...

Deadline for accepting names: Feb.3 I will post the final list next day (or two) thereafter.

Deadline for mailing your Pay It Forward to the recipient: Mar.10. You are responsible for finding out the "real name" and mailing address of your recipient.

In recognition of the fact that some might have a problem keeping the card within the original 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inch size, let's allow a max. size of 3 x 5 inch. Also, I’d like to reiterate what TwinOaks said. Please don’t worry if you’re new to the craft!

Here's the current list, remember it will be re-arranged (randomized) when the deadline comes. If ever you note I leave off your name, tell me!

Wildrose (Holly)

TimD

dbusarow (Dan)

TwinOaks

JLSleather

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

jbird (Josh)

CitizenKate

Crystal

DScott

Donnie Blaze

Leatherman1457

Storm

Xeranthe

Duddy

Deb59

Colman

JRedding

To re-state and update some details...

Deadline for accepting names: Feb.3 I will post the final list next day (or two) thereafter.

Deadline for mailing your Pay It Forward to the recipient: Mar.10. You are responsible for finding out the "real name" and mailing address of your recipient.

In recognition of the fact that some might have a problem keeping the card within the original 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inch size, let's allow a max. size of 3 x 5 inch. Also, I'd like to reiterate what TwinOaks said. Please don't worry if you're new to the craft!

Here's the current list, remember it will be re-arranged (randomized) when the deadline comes. If ever you note I leave off your name, tell me!

Wildrose (Holly)

TimD

dbusarow (Dan)

TwinOaks

JLSleather

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

jbird (Josh)

CitizenKate

Crystal

DScott

Donnie Blaze

Leatherman1457

Storm

Xeranthe

Duddy

Deb59

Colman

JRedding

I'm game,count me in also.Can we put in inlays?

I'm game,count me in also.Can we put in inlays?

You can decorate your piece any way you want.

Kate

I'm in!

Like Kate said, any design/style (inc. inlays or embossing) is fine.

Wildrose (Holly)

TimD

dbusarow (Dan)

TwinOaks

JLSleather

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

jbird (Josh)

CitizenKate

Crystal

DScott

Donnie Blaze

Leatherman1457

Storm

Xeranthe

Duddy

Deb59

Colman

JRedding

JustKen

Hilly

Feb.3 is fast approaching! Jump in now or wait 'til the next go-round...

Wildrose (Holly)

TimD

dbusarow (Dan)

TwinOaks

JLSleather

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

jbird (Josh)

CitizenKate

Crystal

DScott

Donnie Blaze

Leatherman1457

Storm

Xeranthe

Duddy

Deb59

Colman

JRedding

JustKen

Hilly

Dirtclod (John)

Sounds like a great idea. Count me in please.

Dave

Sounds like fun. count me in

Tomorrow's that last day to sign up! I had a question from a member that led me to think that next time we'll go back to the "anything goes" style (i.e. you are not restricted to making a "business card"). This time around though, we're going to stick with what we've decided on.

Wildrose (Holly)

TimD

dbusarow (Dan)

TwinOaks

JLSleather

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

jbird (Josh)

CitizenKate

Crystal

DScott

Donnie Blaze

Leatherman1457

Storm

Xeranthe

Duddy

Deb59

Colman

JRedding

JustKen

Hilly

Dirtclod (John)

Dave

Dawn

Put me on the list. I liked the original PIF also. Kind of neat waiting to see what your secret gift was going to be.

But I'm in on this as well.

Allen--Big Papa

Edited by Big Papa Leather

We will take names 'til the end of today. I've asked TwinOaks, who so generously volunteered to help (LOL!!), to randomize the list when we're done; so after that, it'll get posted and you'll need to contact the person after you on the list to get their real name and mailing address.

Wildrose (Holly)

TimD

dbusarow (Dan)

TwinOaks

JLSleather

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

jbird (Josh)

CitizenKate

Crystal

DScott

Donnie Blaze

Leatherman1457

Storm

Xeranthe

Duddy

Deb59

Colman

JRedding

JustKen

Hilly

Dirtclod (John)

Dave

Dawn

Big Papa (Allen)

(wow, my avatar did change to me and the ol'dusty hat...wasn't sure it "took"....)

Okay folks, deadline is here, and I will be sending this list to TwinOaks. If any are interested, I spoke with Billy at the Tandy in Charlotte, NC and the "cards" are available in a 12 pack for 15.00 to those with a business/tax ids (I don't remember what the retail price is...) Stock number is 47300-15. That's if you don't feel like cutting your ownlaugh.gif

Wildrose (Holly)

TimD

dbusarow (Dan)

TwinOaks

JLSleather

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

jbird (Josh)

CitizenKate

Crystal

DScott

Donnie Blaze

Leatherman1457

Storm

Xeranthe

Duddy

Deb59

Colman

JRedding

JustKen

Hilly

Dirtclod (John)

Dave

Dawn

Big Papa (Allen)

Okay folks, deadline is here, and I will be sending this list to TwinOaks. If any are interested, I spoke with Billy at the Tandy in Charlotte, NC and the "cards" are available in a 12 pack for 15.00 to those with a business/tax ids (I don't remember what the retail price is...) Stock number is 47300-15. That's if you don't feel like cutting your ownlaugh.gif

Is it too late? I just saw the post.

Phil

Phil, I'll drop TwinOaks a line (though I suspect he'll see this here). He told me he'd have the list randomized today and back out by tomorrow if I recall correctly.

Please take me off the list. Something came up that I will not be participating this time around.

Here is the final list. You are now in charge of making a 3x5" or smaller "artist trading card" for the person beneath you on the list. Last in line makes one for the first person. Remember, anything goes design/style wise. Have fun!

dbusarow

Big Papa

DonnieBlaze

Phil Brunson

Coman

JLSleather

Storm

Crystal

CitizenKate

Dirtclod

Deb59

Duddy

JRedding

Wildrose

Dawn

Xeranthe

jbird

Budd4766

Luke Hatley

Leatherman 1457

Dscott

JustKen

TimD

Dave

twinoaks

Got this in the  mail today  ... is this  "first  blood"?  Yes,  I got his permission to post a pic, not sure my  camera did it any justice  ...   THANKS,  Johnny!

Technically it is Big Papa but my card is finished and I also need to mail it. Very cool piece!

Storm

So Johnny DID draw first blood, then. I didn't SEND this today, I RECEIVED this today.

Mine went out to Dawn yesterday. Hope she takes a pic, 'cuz I was so eager to send it that I forgot!!!