jbird

My New Shop

Howdy Gang

I got my new space set up and have been filling orders, have a look.

and by the welcome to Dusty Chap Leather come on in Ye HA.

Josh

Back wall Shop.jpg

Back wall Shop.jpg

shop sewing machine .jpg

stamping block .jpg

door wall.jpg

next is me in my shop. me in my shop.jpg

patteren wall shop.jpg

spray wall.jpg

post-6549-126664367169_thumb.jpg

post-6549-126664368838_thumb.jpg

post-6549-126664369808_thumb.jpg

post-6549-12666437798_thumb.jpg

post-6549-126664379651_thumb.jpg

post-6549-126664380911_thumb.jpg

post-6549-126664383243_thumb.jpg

Josh,

It all looks good, and the workbenches are nice with the storage underneath. Seems to be plenty of light too, that's a plus. Looks like a saddle stand next? It will make them easier to work on, and a three tier stand from the supply store will free up floor space for the waiting ones. You have a great sized stamping rock too. Glad to see that. You are going to be having some fun in there.

Downer time. It really scares me to see the round knife in the apron pocket sheathed or not. Have a hang up place within reach. If you lay it down, always lay it down handle toward you. If the blade is sharpen enough to cut leather, it will cut leather. I have put them back into sheaths and eventually just the motion of setting them in has cut the welt. The blade working back and forth from wearing it, then bend over and it can drive it through the welt and mulehide. Contrary to the deer hunter T-shirt slogans, happiness would not be a large gutpile. We want you around.

Josh,

It all looks good, and the workbenches are nice with the storage underneath. Seems to be plenty of light too, that's a plus. Looks like a saddle stand next? It will make them easier to work on, and a three tier stand from the supply store will free up floor space for the waiting ones. You have a great sized stamping rock too. Glad to see that. You are going to be having some fun in there.

Downer time. It really scares me to see the round knife in the apron pocket sheathed or not. Have a hang up place within reach. If you lay it down, always lay it down handle toward you. If the blade is sharpen enough to cut leather, it will cut leather. I have put them back into sheaths and eventually just the motion of setting them in has cut the welt. The blade working back and forth from wearing it, then bend over and it can drive it through the welt and mulehide. Contrary to the deer hunter T-shirt slogans, happiness would not be a large gutpile. We want you around.

Bruce

thanks for having a look, point well taken on the knife, it was mostly for show in the photo, I usally keep it on the bench, I got a liitle worried when You pointed that out. It will not find that pouch again.

As for the Stand I am building two so I will get in done.

Thanks for your help always my friend

Josh

Nice setup you have there with lots of space. How much does a piece of granite weigh that size? That is the biggest piece I have seen outside of someone's tombstone. Does your desk have rollers or sliders, I am asking becuase it looks like you are close to the walls.

Again, nice looking setup.

Josh, great looking shop !! Way too clean, but time will take care of that. I like the layout. Gives me ideas for mine.

Looks good, Josh! Good to see you're all settled in with your new digs. I had the same thought about the round knife, but Bruce already pointed that out, so no need to beat a dead horse.

Kate

Looking good Josh. I'm jealous.

Butch

Josh, the shop looks great. What is the floor area? the only thing that i would say ,is

if i had another chance to up grade , i would have a 4'x8' cutting table that i could lay large pcs of leather on for cutting.imho

ps ....take the "stash" off your Avatar......

Edited by Luke Hatley

Congratulations on your new workspace, Josh. It'll look better with more junk everywhere and more stuff hanging from the walls but that is going to happen with time - along with more machines, more hassle and more bills... LOL

I'm just delighted you got the workshop you deserve. Enjoy it!

Ray

Josh,

Always good to have a work area. I too commented on your round knife but in your apron post before I saw this one. :deadsubject:...Sorry!

Regards,

Ben

Nice setup you have there with lots of space. How much does a piece of granite weigh that size? That is the biggest piece I have seen outside of someone's tombstone. Does your desk have rollers or sliders, I am asking becuase it looks like you are close to the walls.

Again, nice looking setup.

LittleL

that is a tombstone my friend and it is around 250 pounds.

Josh, great looking shop !! Way too clean, but time will take care of that. I like the layout. Gives me ideas for mine.

thanks and yes it will not take me long to mess it up LOL.

Josh

Looks good, Josh! Good to see you're all settled in with your new digs. I had the same thought about the round knife, but Bruce already pointed that out, so no need to beat a dead horse.

Kate

Thanks Kate

I will Never again

scouts honor put my knife there!

thank you all for looking out for me.

Josh

Looking good Josh. I'm jealous.

Butch

sorry Butch hopefully you will lose that green color.

Josh

Josh, the shop looks great. What is the floor area? the only thing that i would say ,is

if i had another chance to up grade , i would have a 4'x8' cutting table that i could lay large pcs of leather on for cutting.imho

ps ....take the "stash" off your Avatar......

Luke

I like that stash I won a best two week beard contest once and, I will be going for a stash one next year.

its a 19x15 shop. i would like that as well but I thought it would take to much space.

Josh

Congratulations on your new workspace, Josh. It'll look better with more junk everywhere and more stuff hanging from the walls but that is going to happen with time - along with more machines, more hassle and more bills... LOL

I'm just delighted you got the workshop you deserve. Enjoy it!

Ray

Thanks so much Ray, the bill thing sounds like a bad deal but what else is there LOL

Josh

Josh,

Very nice shop. Best of luck.

congrats on a great work space....i too am jealous...i work on the kitchen table!!! Is that leather i see folded under the bench and not rolled???????????

congrats on a great work space....i too am jealous...i work on the kitchen table!!! Is that leather i see folded under the bench and not rolled???????????

Thanks Roo

sorry to say but I don't even know how to fold leather! Lol it's rolled.

KingsX

thanks buddy.

Josh

Nice setup.

Very nice! Can't wait till i can get my shop setup. Congrats.

Great Looking Shop! I've never heard of Tombstones as Tooling Slabs, Great Way to think outside the lines, provided the Dead haven't come for you.

And As it Was Said earlier, It's no Real Shop until it's Cluttered with tools scattered everywhere, Update us with pics when it's 'Broken in' :D xD

-Colter

Edited by Thalaskaru

Congrats, Josh! I am very jealous. You have space, and light and annoying neatness... wink.gif I am happy you are settled in- it looks like a great place to turn out some more great work!

Crystal

Great Looking Shop! I've never heard of Tombstones as Tooling Slabs, Great Way to think outside the lines, provided the Dead haven't come for you.

And As it Was Said earlier, It's no Real Shop until it's Cluttered with tools scattered everywhere, Update us with pics when it's 'Broken in' :D xD

-Colter

Colter

thanks for looking and droping a line, the stone was miss marked and had been sitting for 30 years I got it for 10 bucks and ms dane keeps me company LOL

Congrats, Josh! I am very jealous. You have space, and light and annoying neatness... wink.gif I am happy you are settled in- it looks like a great place to turn out some more great work!

Crystal

Thanks Crystal

I hope too keep pounding out some good stuff with your help thanks.

Josh

thanks all for looking and commenting

Josh

Hi Josh,

Congrats on the new shop!! Thats a Great stamping stone,,,, & it looks like a "BearMaul" on top!! By the way,,, I had a friend once that carried his round knife like that,,, He's called 2 finger Slim now,,, hehehe J/K. Congrats,,, I know how nice it is, getting a new shop set up. Ed the"BearMan"

Wow, Josh, sweet shop. I'm like leatheroo, only I have to use the kitchen counter...... hehehe.

Man, with all this going for you, you must be close to needing an apprentice! (Me, me, pick me!!) Lighten.gif

Hi Josh,

Congrats on the new shop!! Thats a Great stamping stone,,,, & it looks like a "BearMaul" on top!! By the way,,, I had a friend once that carried his round knife like that,,, He's called 2 finger Slim now,,, hehehe J/K. Congrats,,, I know how nice it is, getting a new shop set up. Ed the"BearMan"

Thanks Ed

Yes thats one of those Great Ed the Bear Man Mauls Thanks Buddy.

I would not want to take 2 fingers name from him LOL.

Wow, Josh, sweet shop. I'm like leatheroo, only I have to use the kitchen counter...... hehehe.

Man, with all this going for you, you must be close to needing an apprentice! (Me, me, pick me!!) Lighten.gif

Thanks Tim

sorry you are on the table but at least dinner is not far LOL

you wouldn't like working for me I dont pay good LOL

Edited by jbird

Hey Josh, nice shop, and nice machine too! lol. Now you can get back to work instead of just fakin' it! Ha Ha, Your friend, Steve

Hey Josh, nice shop, and nice machine too! lol. Now you can get back to work instead of just fakin' it! Ha Ha, Your friend, Steve

Thanks Steve

The machine is FINE I dont like the costumer service or the price at all LOL LOL

OK OK it kicks rear end amazing machine.

got to get back to faking it see ya.

Josh