Tina

Finally finished with the camera case project

Tina, what a beautiful bag! Everything goes together perfectly, down to the brass clasp. Looks like you've quickly developed your very own style (I wish I could) Very, very nice indeed.

Tina, once again you amaze me. your art is so original and well thought out. I look at that peice and I know who created it. beautiful work as usual!

Thanks everyone, you make me happy:-)

jammon, I always try to make something "common" in another way, glad you like it.

Ken, doing my best here to convince hubby "we need to go":-)

Pip, this os one of my favo things to make, exspect more:-)

Drac, I promise to let you know (Tina's crossing fingers)...Naw, more fun with competition *lol*

Taste is something one can discuss forever and yet, it'll be as many oppinions as people *S* My inspiration for this one do comes from the Scandinavian viking era, I thoght that fur would just fit in perfectly, but that just my interpetaion...You know, wild vikings howling like maniacs in "furry" clothes. killing dragons, drinking mjöd (the bear of the time) and raiding villages *lol*

Thanks Roo, always appriciate your oppinion:-)

Ian & zman...What you're saying is exactly what most maker is hopeing for, Thank you, I'll try to keep it up:-)

Awesome bag, Tina! I love it. Everything I see works well together. I also really like the way the leather looks. Almost like an old piece, especially on the dragons. To be honest with you, this looks to me like an item to be kept in a collection. Really good work, girl! :thumbsup:

YOU ARE THE B O M B!!!....LOVE ur stuff

almost makes a fella wanna sport a manpurse seein that Tina :dance: ...the overall design & quality look of it...makes me painfully aware that i got a loooooooong way to go...

darryl

You did it again, Tina! I do believe you've found your calling. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Myriam, You're so right, I was going for that lovely weathered look. It's very appealing to me.

Collection item huh? Well, up close it has some flaws, not huge but it isn't perfect:-)

kagekeeper...Your making me explode *LOL* Great Thank you.

sodapop, I did try to make it gender neutral due to a camera case can be used by both.

I'm very new to this too and had no idea it was in me *S* Patience and more patience, some stuburness mixed with a "I can" mantra will go a long way:-)

Hedge, I would like to think so too:-) I just love leather in general but I never thought I would be able to make things like bags/purses or what ever i can come up with. The technique of carving and tooling leather has endless potential and only ones imagination can put up boundaries.

Far out! Pleasure to see such a nice object. It's sure to be treasured and should outlive us all.

Tina,

That is absolutely beautiful.

I know it's hard to put it out there for public critique at a show, but I really do think you should give it serious consideration. I, for one, would love to see this piece in real life. It's truly a gem.

~Tammy

Great Thanks Pauly, I also hope it will last for a looooong time:-)

Not just hard Tammy, down right scary if you ask me, and Super thanks you for your nice comments:-)

geez Tina that is breathtaking.... you know I love the dragon!!! Linda

I LOVE THE FURRY SIDES!!! I was just telling the wife that I want to work with that soon. Very cool Tina. YOU ROCK!!!

Thanks Linda, very sweet of you:-)

Happy you like it Spider *S* I found that buying "hair on cow" for small pieces on ebay got my inspiration going + I did not know how to wetform the sides (yet) so...I just used the hairy cow...Anything goes:-)

Hey, Tina! Send me hubby's phone number, and I'll try to convince him! I'm still hoping we can meet in Michigan City later this month. Nice bag, thanks for sharing!

Johanna

Hey, Tina! Send me hubby's phone number, and I'll try to convince him! I'm still hoping we can meet in Michigan City later this month. Nice bag, thanks for sharing!

Johanna

I think I might have worked up my nerve to show up and talked husband into it :-)

So, I've made the inside and promised to put up a photo of how I made the construction. I'm not happy with the lining but, It'll have to do cuz I'm tired of it right now.

Tina - that is a fantastic bag. Everything I have seen that you have done is beautiful. :notworthy:

Crystal

Tina, this looks great in my opinion. What don't you like about the lining? If it's the ripples (is that the right word?) on it, I say leave them there because they're adding a nice touch and complement the old look of the outside.