The Major

Simple Tube

Howdy all. Haven't been around much. But here is a tube I just completed for a customer in Canada. It is a document tube to hang on her belt. Measure 13" tall and 2.5" round. She didn't want any tooling, so plain it was. Whatcha think?

11x2_5tube.jpg

post-50-1208539184_thumb.jpg

That's exactly how it's supposed to look!...Good job.

Very neat. I would like to see the stitch side.

Very sharp!

I have always felt that plain was MUCH harder to do well. A lot of intricate carving can take the eye away from a lot of other shortcomings. You did a great job!

Mike

Very clean and nicely constructed. There is a craftsmanship in a good straightforward piece.

Very simple and clean. I like it a lot.

That's really good looking! I feel like simpler stuff is harder to do because if you make a mistake, there's nothing to distract the viewer from it. :) But you did a really good job on that.

Howdy all. Haven't been around much. But here is a tube I just completed for a customer in Canada. It is a document tube to hang on her belt. Measure 13" tall and 2.5" round. She didn't want any tooling, so plain it was. Whatcha think?

11x2_5tube.jpg

I like...did you use a core? I usually don't do plain either because it shows what a lousy dye job I do.....and all my other boo booz.....great looking piece.

Very nice looking tube and without tooling it should be easier to match up the pieces to sew it together, my recent experience tells me so anyway. I got some skewing towards the edges when it dried up.

The button tie down provides a much neater design than using a buckle I think.

Glad to see this one now that I finished my tube. I wasn't sure about putting a decorative groove where the cap meets the body. Afraid it'd mess up the long sleek design I was after but after seeing this I'm having second thought's about that. Maybe for the next one.

Tom

I need to take more pictures of this thing to answer all the questions. Will post more as soon as I have them.

But No I did not use a core. Between the 8oz thickness of the leather and me hardening it a little, it is fairly rigid.

Also the back is not sewn, I did a 1" lap seam secured with barge.

I'll get some more pics up soon.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone.

Nice tube. Line it with cedar and put some gars in it and waaaallaaaa.

The button tie down was a nice touch!

Nice tube :P

oh heck yea, that would be an awesome cigar case. mark it up as a job well done.

Very cool looking case Major.

Ken