Jimbob

Anybody Ever Dealed With Levy Atlas Company?

Any of you heard or have dealed with a guy named Uriel Levy ........from Atlas levy sewing company in CA???

Is this a good source for parts, info or machines??

Thanks for the info...

Jimbob

Any of you heard or have dealed with a guy named Uriel Levy ........from Atlas levy sewing company in CA???

Is this a good source for parts, info or machines??

Thanks for the info...

Jimbob

I have bought parts from him, with no problems at all. He produces Youtube videos showing his various sewing machines in action, as well as how to change a straight stitch machine into a roller foot machine.

One of our members has had a Juki set-up with a roller foot and timed by Atlas Levy, for a reasonable charge.

Atlas Levy is a power seller on eBay.

While I wouldn't consider that company a source for leather stitchers at all, I would consider them for garment, carpet, upholstery, sergers and other production machines for the general Needle Trade.

I've purchased from them on Ebay several times.... all small parts. Good prices, No problems.

as wizcraft mentioned, im the one who had a juki converted to a roller foot. My experience with atlas levy was a great one. Very helpful. I will by from him again

I just bought an Atlas Levy AT341(3341) today from Levy in person at their LA shop. He calibrated it for what I needed and sent me home with 10 10-packs of various needles and sizes, a dozen various presser feet, a dozen bobbins, he installed a roller guide, threw in all the little gadgets you need (sissors, ripper, awl, etc.) and delivered it to my shop.

So yeah, that was my experience. Just said he was in a good mood today.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:10 PM, howlback said:

I just bought an Atlas Levy AT341(3341) today from Levy in person at their LA shop. He calibrated it for what I needed and sent me home with 10 10-packs of various needles and sizes, a dozen various presser feet, a dozen bobbins, he installed a roller guide, threw in all the little gadgets you need (sissors, ripper, awl, etc.) and delivered it to my shop.

So yeah, that was my experience. Just said he was in a good mood today.

Quick update, after seeing a Cobra 26 in person, I realized the Atlas didn’t come with a speed reducer pulley so I had to buy one and install it myself in order to get the speed down. I also had to get a smaller pulley to attach to the actual motor (one that came with it was 65mm). Atlas let me trade out the motor pulley and v-belts but for all the time/money I spent installing the reducer pulley, I could have just bought a Cobra 26 and called it a day. I even bought some of Cobra Steve’s presser feet cause they work so well. However, I now know worlds more about how my sewing machines works since I had to rip everything apart for the install.

I’ll be buying leather machine co. from now on. After seeing them at Prescott, it’s clear their products are more than “clones,” like most other manufacturers. I did not notice immediately, but now I see each class of machine is tailored to work best for leather craft. Learned my lesson!

Edited by howlback

I have bought from them several times and always with good results.  They have proven very helpful at figuring things out.

1 hour ago, Sonydaze said:

I have bought from them several times and always with good results.  They have proven very helpful at figuring things out.

They are a good company to deal with and buy parts from. However, when they think about sewing leather, it is upholstery, or chap, or garment leather, not dense veg-tan. They are used to supplying machines that sew very fast, because in the garment and upholstery businesses, time is money. This is not the case with holster and knife sheath sewing, where fast = burning/split thread and ruined hand work. Anybody contemplating buying a leather sewing machine from them, or any similar dealer not specializing in leather stitchers, should stipulate that the motor needs a tiny pulley that feeds a speed reducer and that the minimum speed should be under 1 stitch per second, with a maximum speed of about 5 to 9 per second. Anything faster will burn the thread and burnish the holes.

Fast forward to 2024. This is an old thread but I think this is where my response belongs. 

I ordered an AT441 from Mr. Levy after talking to him on 2 or 3 occasions, he gave me a fantastic price and set the machine up the way that I wanted it. He changed the drive pulley on the servo to a 2" and included a bunch of needles, oil, and a giant spool of 210 thread. 

He said that he packed it up for shipping himself so it would get to my place without damage. It showed up fine yesterday and all that I had to do was get that big heavy rascal on the table and thread it. I was very pleased when it sewed good from the start.

I need to figure out what I'm going to make on it now:whatdoyouthink:

20240619_183922.jpg

I would not hesitate to buy from him again everything about the purchase was amazing . He did what he said he would do and was professional and courteous through the whole deal. I would highly recommend if you are in the market for a machine that you give him a call