Sign in to follow this  
BearMan

Another Christmas Project Done

Hi Everybody,

Here is another Christmas project done. It's a notebook for a Project Planner notepad. All my usual tooling & coloring, with some air brushing done on the inside panels. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for looking! Ed the"BearMan"

post-7175-031177100 1289843836_thumb.jpg

post-7175-051353100 1289843859_thumb.jpg

post-7175-038591000 1289843874_thumb.jpg

post-7175-095519000 1289843908_thumb.jpg

post-7175-021843100 1289843929_thumb.jpg

WOW!! Ed that is awesome!

Dang Ed, can I get on your Christmas list???? That's awesome.

Thanks Dustin & Tim,,,

Tim,,, Sorry, I'm affraid my Christmas list is too big already!! Now,,, only,,, 5,,or 8 more to go, most of them a lot smaller though.

Thanks for looking,, Ed

That is beautiful Ed!!! May I make a suggestion? Would you make a tutorial on how you color your pieces? I love how you colored it.

That is beautiful Ed!!! May I make a suggestion? Would you make a tutorial on how you color your pieces? I love how you colored it.

:16::17:

I would just like to add my OMG that's amazing to everyone elses . I don't think that I'd ever be able to make anything so outstanding .

Yes, WOW. That is beautiful.

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments!! I really do appreciate them. I have been talking with a couple groups / people about possably doing a one day class on coloring. I know most people are kind of like me,,, in that it's difficult to get to an instructional show sometimes, so I'm also considering a book, or DVD. I believe that most everybody has the ability to tool & color. It just takes some good "lernin" & lots of practice, patience, & the attitude that it's Ok to mess up, sometimes,,, because that happens to all of us. I've never claimed to be the best,,, far from it,,, but I've figured out a lot of the easier, simpler ways to do things. Doing an overall color job on a piece will take about as long,,, sometimes longer, that it did to completly tool the piece. Sometimes the toughest part, is figuring out, how the recipient would like it to be. Muted colors,,, more vibrant colors,, stictly natural with some hi-lights,,, or just coloring a few parts.

A small bit of chemistry is involved,,but not much. Some instruction on brushes, & how to use them. A good eye for not only color,,, but an eye for layers of transparent colors, is actually something that can be taught,,, although a lot of people are already good at it. It's actually simpler than it sounds here.

Thanks again,,,, Ed the"BearMan"

Really beautiful work Ed!!

Wow , what a beauty.

That is gorgeous!

You're right about the attitude that it's OK to mess up. That is my biggest problem; because in the line of work I used to do to mess up meant BIG trouble. I've had to let go of my fear and perfectionist attitude a bit and go with the flow.

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments!! I really do appreciate them. I have been talking with a couple groups / people about possably doing a one day class on coloring. I know most people are kind of like me,,, in that it's difficult to get to an instructional show sometimes, so I'm also considering a book, or DVD. I believe that most everybody has the ability to tool & color. It just takes some good "lernin" & lots of practice, patience, & the attitude that it's Ok to mess up, sometimes,,, because that happens to all of us. I've never claimed to be the best,,, far from it,,, but I've figured out a lot of the easier, simpler ways to do things. Doing an overall color job on a piece will take about as long,,, sometimes longer, that it did to completly tool the piece. Sometimes the toughest part, is figuring out, how the recipient would like it to be. Muted colors,,, more vibrant colors,, stictly natural with some hi-lights,,, or just coloring a few parts.

A small bit of chemistry is involved,,but not much. Some instruction on brushes, & how to use them. A good eye for not only color,,, but an eye for layers of transparent colors, is actually something that can be taught,,, although a lot of people are already good at it. It's actually simpler than it sounds here.

Thanks again,,,, Ed the"BearMan"

Ed you do beautiful work! Your attention to every detail is an inspiration.

I've admired how you do your coloring for some time now, and i would jump at the chance to buy an instructional DVD of your process. Your instruction on working with layers of transparent colors, and the chemistry involved would be a big asset.

I already own over 25 DVDs by other leather artists, and i would be proud to add a BearMan to the bunch. I favor a DVD over a one day class because it's hard to remember everything the first go around, and as my brain gets older i find myself refreshing my memory more and more.

ken