I knocked this little project out for a friend of mine in Chicago. the sheath is identical on both sides so it can display either way.

Paul

FiskLongHensarling1.jpg

Edited by sheathmaker

as always it is a pleasure to see your work..and thanks for showing it.

Very nice looking sheath! Always a pleasure to see your work!

Paul

That is beautiful leather work. Is the wood amboina? I like it a lot, I never thought of making presentation desk sheath.

David Theobald

This is a great new way to display a knife and a beautiful sheath. Thanks for sharing such great work.

Dang, yet another masterpiece. Hey, Paul, when are you going to show us something you screwed up? There's a running bet here that you're a robot... Not human at all. :lol: I'm beginning to believe it may be true...

Great job! -Alex

That looks so nice,excellent idea to have handy for showing own leatherstuff aswell.

My wish list expands fast in this place..

Was the wooden stand your work aswell?

Thanks for showing!

Beautiful piece! Great combination of material. I am curious. Do you have a picture of the blade?

Beautifully done! And a nice photo, too. A great combination of leather and wood.

I knocked this little project out for a friend of mine in Chicago. the sheath is identical on both sides so it can display either way.

Paul

FiskLongHensarling1.jpg

That is nice. Picture setting is very good also.

Wonderfull Sheath and an innovative way of presenting the knife.

Do you have a picture of the knife?

Is it a Fisk?

Btw.

Jim

Cooper takes some awesome photos.

Rainer

A picture of the knife is below. I guess I should have posted it at the same time.

FiskLongHensarling2.jpg

Now to answer some questions that were asked. Jerry Fisk did make the knife from his own ladder pattern damascus.

The stand is Mesquite burl and some of the most highly figured and beautifully colored I'v seen. It was made for me by my good friend Robert Hensarling who is a Master Wood Worker and furniture maker in Uvalde, Texas. He is famous for his fabulous Mesquite rocking chairs and makes other furniture items as well.

The sheath is Wickett and Craig chestnut skirting split at the tannery to 7/8oz. It is fully leather lined with the same leather that I ran through my splitter down to about 1.5oz. The inlays are alligator and I hand pebble grained the lether inside the borders with a couple of Bob Baird's pebble tools and then carved the quilt pattern. I set two pins in the riser on the wood base and put matching holes in the welt of the sheath and then use epoxy to secure it along with a thin line of epoxy running the length of the riser. It is identical on both sides to display either way.

The excellent and professional photography is the work of my good friend Jim Cooper (Sharp by Coop).

The result as you see it in the picture is representative of the efforts and skills of four of us. The desk display and knife is owned by a gentleman in Chicago, but it will be on display at the Blade Show (World's Largest Knife Show) in Atlanta the end of this month.

Paul

My heavens! That is a finely crafted piece of steel. Thanks for sharing. Your sheath and stand compliment it totally.

Storm

This is plain and simple....exquisite elegant and beautiful. The combinations of the wood leather and steel, make this a beautiful piece of art.

Ken

Totaly trick Paul

beautiful work!!!