Traditional Sheridan style wallet.

wallet005.jpg

wallet004.jpg

wallet002.jpg

wallet006.jpg

Traditional Sheridan style wallet.

Nice work. Font doesn't appear to be "Western" though.

You may want to include more carved space and not quite so much background.

ferg

Edited by 50 years leather

I Like it very much, including the big  backgrounded areas. The normal floral carving, which let's almost no room for background always looks so overloaded :)  (Maybe i just don't have enough knowledge, that are just my thoughts)

So in my view it's a wonderful piece. 

Greetings,

Jazznow

Nice - I like everything about your wallet.

I especially like the inside design of the wallet.

The stitching looks good and I like the colors you used!

I think it's a fine wallet, and i see nothing wrong with the font.

what is the criteria for "western font" anyway? Should it be actual font that was used during a certain time period in a certain geographical region of the U.S.? If so, then checkout some old newspapers. =106&sort=price&sort_direction=DESC"]rarenewspapers For example, The Kansas Commonwealth from Topeka in 1872 was using a font very similar to workingman's wallet. As was The San Diego Union of 1873. Or by "western font" are we talking about that "western feeling" caricature font from childhood memories of cowboy movies, theme parks, and dime novels?

In reality, the most common font used in the old west was plain block print, but just about every other style available was used somewhere.

I like workingman's wallet. I think the font fits the style very nicely, and I can appreciate the detail work he put into the letters.

but that's just my humble opinion...

ken

think it's a fine wallet, and i see nothing wrong with the font.

what is the criteria for "western font" anyway? Should it be actual font that was used during a certain time period in a certain geographical region of the U.S.? If so, then checkout some old newspapers. rarenewspapers For example, The Kansas Commonwealth from Topeka in 1872 was using a font very similar to workingman's wallet. As was The San Diego Union of 1873. Or by "western font" are we talking about that "western feeling" caricature font from childhood memories of cowboy movies, theme parks, and dime novels?

In reality, the most common font used in the old west was plain block print, but just about every other style available was used somewhere.

I like workingman's wallet. I think the font fits the style very nicely, and I can appreciate the detail work he put into the letters.

but that's just my humble opinion...

ken

Agreed!!!

You guys are awesome !! Thanks for the kind words.

Thats a very nice walley - I would carry it with pride.

I particulairly like the swivel knife work on the letters. Gives it that extra pizzazz! :trumpet::drum::clapping: