Here's a wallet I did for someone with many creditcards.

Just a simple interior with slots made up out of two layers of goat with fabric pockets sewn to the inside that keeps the cards in position.

Eagles are in acrylic paint that has been diluted alot and painted in many layers to make it sink into the leather.

Thanks for looking and critics welcome!!

Tom

post-5146-023825800 1296298681_thumb.jpg

post-5146-024337900 1296298699_thumb.jpg

post-5146-079192600 1296298711_thumb.jpg

post-5146-095670400 1296298723_thumb.jpg

post-5146-067900800 1296298739_thumb.jpg

post-5146-086074200 1296298752_thumb.jpg

post-5146-012859300 1296298767_thumb.jpg

Very nice work!

I'm not quite there yet. :lol:

Tom you have came a long way.....a fine looking wallet. :cheers:

Hi I am just a noob, as they say, but I know what I like...

and I LIKE what you do.

That is a Really Nice Wallet and the tooling on the eagle is Mighty Fine!

I Really like the looks of the inside too.

Definitely something to be proud of!

Very nice project!!

I really like your crisp,modern style. You are really carving out your own niche and dyeing it too. Great work!

Tom you have came a long way.....a fine looking wallet. :cheers:

Thanks Luke, 49 more and they be perfect :rolleyes:

Cheers :cheers:

Hi I am just a noob, as they say, but I know what I like...

and I LIKE what you do.

That is a Really Nice Wallet and the tooling on the eagle is Mighty Fine!

I Really like the looks of the inside too.

Definitely something to be proud of!

Thank you very much LNleather!!!

We're all noobs once upon a time, actually I often feel like a noob when I start my projects like wallets and have to think it through really hard before I get going.

The sewn pockets that keeps the cards in place need some considering.

:cheers:

Very nice project!!

Thank you Trapdog!!

I really like your crisp,modern style. You are really carving out your own niche and dyeing it too. Great work!

Thanks machinehead!! Tell me...do you like the band Machinehead? Awesome band!

All customer required was 14 creditcard slots and HD eagles...told him I don't wanna reproduce HD stuff. Not adviceable if you don't like going to the court so I told him I had found a really cool eagledesign where the eagle claws through the leather and got thumbs up and freehands on the layout for the interior.

I really liked to work with those eagles, the coloring was made with washes of acrylic paint and sealed with Fiebings leather sheen.

Actually I just finished a duplicate of this one yesterday but the interior is designed for keeping money and no pocket for change.

Thanks for viewing all!!

Tom

This is beautiful work! Love the eagles and very well painted too. Good job!

Thanks Luke, 49 more and they be perfect :rolleyes:

Cheers :cheers:

Thank you very much LNleather!!!

We're all noobs once upon a time, actually I often feel like a noob when I start my projects like wallets and have to think it through really hard before I get going.

The sewn pockets that keeps the cards in place need some considering.

Thank you Trapdog!!

Thanks machinehead!! Tell me...do you like the band Machinehead? Awesome band!

All customer required was 14 creditcard slots and HD eagles...told him I don't wanna reproduce HD stuff. Not adviceable if you don't like going to the court so I told him I had found a really cool eagledesign where the eagle claws through the leather and got thumbs up and freehands on the layout for the interior.

I really liked to work with those eagles, the coloring was made with washes of acrylic paint and sealed with Fiebings leather sheen.

Actually I just finished a duplicate of this one yesterday but the interior is designed for keeping money and no pocket for change.

Thanks for viewing all!!

Tom

When I picked my name for this forum I thought that someone might connect it with the band. Although I am aware of Machinehead; I cut my teeth on the bands of the late sixties and into the seventies. The ones still performing are just short of the old folks home now I think. Don't know how THEY got so old.

When I picked my name for this forum I thought that someone might connect it with the band. Although I am aware of Machinehead; I cut my teeth on the bands of the late sixties and into the seventies. The ones still performing are just short of the old folks home now I think. Don't know how THEY got so old.

VeryNice wallet! When you paint with acrylic what do you use to dilute it? and after the painting what do you use to seal in the paint?

that is sweet!!!!!

Haha dunno how I got this old...running owards forty feeling like 25...eh well, maybe no simemes ;-)

I like Machine head alot so had to ask and speaking of...they've been in the game for qutie some time too.

VeryNice wallet! When you paint with acrylic what do you use to dilute it? and after the painting what do you use to seal in the paint?

Thank you Glock21!!

Acrylics are waterbased so just add water and dilute it thoroughly and paint it on in washes. I'm doing lots of wwhite at the moment...soooo tideous to cover the same design for 8 bracers in a serie.

I use fiebings leathersheen to seal it. First layer I do really thin to don dissolve the paint and then I do 2 - 3 thorough coats and let it dry in between the coats.

that is sweet!!!!!

Thank you very much Lucas :-)

Tom

Tom,

The more I look at it the more I love it! i was wondering if you would not mind sharing how you did the black on the painting? It almost looks like antique but reminds me more of a tattoo style. Any tips on how you did the black highlighting/under toning?

Travous

Tom,

The more I look at it the more I love it! i was wondering if you would not mind sharing how you did the black on the painting? It almost looks like antique but reminds me more of a tattoo style. Any tips on how you did the black highlighting/under toning?

Travous

I'll reply later today :-)

Have to go somewhere for a while.

Tom

Hi Lucas!!

You are absolutely right. Just put it in reverse.

I used as allways with acrylics a black acrylics that was diluted down to a grey wash wich I used to create shadows under the beak. That's all, the rest is done with Eco-flo black antique but first I seal it with Fiebings leathersheen. Too bad the eco-flo is no fun to work with on the sheened surface but some dabbling with it eventually get it done.

Tom