K-Man

Finally...on The Road

We've been planning this "adventure" since early last summer. We've gotten rid of our house, sold just about everything that was in it, put a few things in storage and have now gone on the road full time RVing. We purchased a 5th wheel trailer, nearly 40', and fixed up our truck. The trailer is a bunk room edition, which in essence means we have two bedrooms versus the traditional one. We converted the back bedroom into workshop space, along with the room that was to house a washer and dryer. I can make the vast majority of the same items we were before. I now have a Cobra Class 4 machine, which allows me to do a great deal more than the Artisan Toro 3000 I had previously.

We'll be travelling all over the U.S. (lower 48), Alaska, and Canada. Currently we're in NC, and heading west to Montana in a few days. We'll spend the summer in Montana (adjacent to Little Big Horn National Park) and then head south to Arizona/New Mexico area in the fall. We plan on attending the Sheridan show.

So, if you're along our route and want to see how we do things, to include trying out the Cobra Class 4 or how to make a holster or how we make the most of our limited space into a functional shop, feel free to give me a shout.

What an adventure :-)

This is the sort of things that makes life so exciting, new places, new people and customs...A huge Good Luck :specool:

My wife and I did it for a year in '89, it will probably go down as the most memorable year in my life. It is amazing how much you can see in that amount of time and yet just scratch the surface.

It is also a small world, we met a guy in Arizona who had the same name as a local back in Va., turns out he was an older half brother that left for WWII, and never came back. I have never found anyone who can corroborate the guy's story, but I know he didn't make it up. He came up with the facts before he knew where we were from.

You're going to have a great time,

Kevin

When and if you get to MEMPHIS TN.......... please give me a call....

have fun on your trip.

Better to do, than dream!

If you're not too far west..Chatham County, nc, here.

Looking forward to meeting you when you get out here. If I'm able to make it to Sheridan I'll look you up.

Dan

Edited by dbusarow

Well....change of plans. The engine in our truck decided to go kaput today and we're having to either replace it or look to get a newer/different truck. The cost for a new engine will run us approximately $5000. So it looks like we're going to miss out on the trip to Montana. Once we've got the truck issue resolved, then we'll see where we can go next.

Sorry to hear that Kevin. Hope you get it sorted out soon. I'll miss meeting you.

Dan

Wow! Would love to see some photos of your new shop! Very cool.

Looks like we're going to Kentucky, and will be adjacent to Mammoth Cave. We'll be heading that way tomorrow, along I-40 until we get to Nashville, and then head north along I-65. We'll be at Mammoth Cave until approximately October.

We ended up replacing the engine in our truck, and it took approximately a week to get all those repairs completed. In the meantime, my wife and I got to spend time with her family who's here in this area. We also ran up to Virginia to see some of my family.

Particle - I'll get some pics posted once we get settled in KY. We made a couple of modifications while we were here. Mostly switched out the cabinetry (from wood to plastic) and the main tool box. This was done to help lighten the load. We probably dropped ~150-175 pounds with the swap-out. Weight is a big consideration when it comes to towing.