A customer recently gave me an order for a biker wallet, cuff and leather wallet chain.

I used drum dye black veg tan and natural colour python for the inlay. Lining is goat.

The wallet chain is also black veg tan.

P161601_10-07-11.jpg

P1616_10-07-11.jpg

P1615_10-07-11.jpg

P161502_10-07-11.jpg

P161801_10-07-11.jpg

Now that is some bloody lovely work you have done there mate !!!!!

Cheers

Bevan

www.bwrwhips.com

Holy maccaroni!! That is indeed some sweet work you are showing here.....nice!!!.....very nice!!!1!!!1!!!1!!!!

James

Beautiful work.

Did you remember to seal down the scales on the python?

Beautiful work.

Did you remember to seal down the scales on the python?

Thank you all.

I don't know about any known process to seal down the scales, but on one previous wallet, I did glue down the scales using white glue and a small brush to neaten things up. But the customer actually commented that the python looks fake because its all flat.. so I kind of stopped that practise after.

To keep the thickness down.....what ounce do you use for your interior panels? Very nice work thanks for sharing!

That is a fantastic piece of work, I really like the way you did the insides, thanks for sharing.

Moe

To keep the thickness down.....what ounce do you use for your interior panels? Very nice work thanks for sharing!

The black veg tan is about 5/6 oz by default.

For the interior panels, i ran them through my splitter, down to about 2-3 oz to keep everything thin. This is actually my 2nd attempt. The first one I only skived the card slots, and fumbled on the planning for the inlay, lining, etc. The first one ended up thick like a subway sandwich.

This 2nd one when compressed flat is about 1/2 inch thick.

I love your style of wallet!!!!

Beautiful wallet. I like everything about it.

Really nice! How is the liner attached to the outside? Braiding on the outer - stitching on the inner - no sign of where the two are joined? What am I missing here?

One day I'll have the nads to try working with exotics - really nice look to that wallet :)

Really nice! How is the liner attached to the outside? Braiding on the outer - stitching on the inner - no sign of where the two are joined? What am I missing here?

One day I'll have the nads to try working with exotics - really nice look to that wallet :)

I've mailed the wallet to the customer, so pity can't take more pics. But this is another wallet done by me, which gives you the idea why you see braiding on the outside and stitching inside. They are different layers actually.

P094501_11-06-11.jpg

Well doh! That explains it - thanks for the pic :) Can ya tell I'm new at this? LOL

only thing i see wrong with it is that i don't own it! :spoton:

bravo! excellent work! B)

ironically, I haven't made a wallet for myself after picking up this craft. always busy with one or another for someone else. That was a good reminder I need to make something for myself one of these days.

Very, very nice!! The python and black look great together. Have you tooled drum dyed before? Just wondering how it looks and what advantages it has if any.

A customer recently gave me an order for a biker wallet, cuff and leather wallet chain.

I used drum dye black veg tan and natural colour python for the inlay. Lining is goat.

The wallet chain is also black veg tan.

P161601_10-07-11.jpg

P1616_10-07-11.jpg

P1615_10-07-11.jpg

P161502_10-07-11.jpg

P161801_10-07-11.jpg

I can't believe you sold that work of art to someone to put in their pocket and wear out!!:head_hurts_kr:

Very nicely done.I admire you genius at developing a way to keep the front lacing from interfering with the opened insides!

Joel

Thank you Joel. I tried many layout in the past. I finally settled on this for all my long wallets.

Benlilly - I have only tried stamping on drum dyed. The only advantage I see is convenience of not having to dye big pieces when you want an entire wallet of black. Plus, the colour will always be more even than if you apply it yourself (unless you use a spray gun that is)