Blackey Cole

Computer Drawing Software For Making Leather Patterns

9 hours ago, Bayou Bengal said:

You can literally spend an hour and a half trying to perfect curves stitch lines. I tried the scan method, but it was too shadowy to get an accurate scan

SHOOT ... we should have yer post removed ASAP -- before some genius decides to make THAT video... hour and a half long, drawing around a dummy gun :o Plus another half hour showing you links to instagram, fakebook, twister, tangler and tugger - all while telling you what a favor he's doing you :rofl:

rack.jpgsoft_guns.jpgsoft_guns2.jpg

Oh, those is  both Sig pistols.. if somebody wantsa stretch 'em with PhotoScape, or scape-goat, or whatever... to scale.

Edited by JLSleather
info 'n' stuff

I can make a holster pattern in less than an hour with wet cardboard and a staple gun, some paper a pencil and a few measuring tools some of this computer crap is just that, a waste of friggin time and a pain in the ass with no better end results. Technology isn't always the answer! Learn how to make patterns by hand, you need this knowledge anyway to make a workable pattern on your computer, and quit dinkin around trying to learn to  use software before you can even begin to make the pattern, you will save time, money and grey hair. Just my two cents from a guy that had to learn DOS commands to run his first computer. 

Guys make a new thread for guns!

I am using sketcup to make my patterns. It's ok but. Recently i see some videos from fusion 360! I like it a lot but the fact that it's cloud operating cad is very disappointing!

Inkscape is another option.