Sylvia

Using Google Books And Amazon Look Inside

Cheryl,

I will admit I am a little confused with your post. It seems to begin you are agreeing with me, at the end you aren't.

I think many folks do not understand the way a public library has to work. When I was a kid and growing up, we went to the library, got a card, checked books out for two weeks time, if you didn't return the book on time you were charged .02 per day the book was overdue. We don't have the luxury of that anymore. Did you vote for the last County or City Library request to the voters for operating capitol via taxes? If you didn't,you have no right to grumble about the fee you get charged. County and City Library's have become separate entities quite often now. They simply do not have the funds to provide the best service.

Borrowing from the Library is not the same in any way shape or form. Again, Amazon or whoever, is in the business to make money. If they didn't, a lot of folks would have no job. The money to run the e-book system has to come from somewhere. Do you think the owners are all rich? I can probably answer that question myself.

Come on, How do you think the musicians and singers survive monetarily? Every time someone downloads a song illegally, that is money out of the artist's pocket.

Do you actually think you have the right to manipulate the "viewing" software so you can get a free book or song? Unfortunately you are not the only person in the world that

thinks in this way. I really feel sorry for you. Somewhere along the way you did not learn "Right from Wrong".

I have said my piece.

BTW: Hellfire was right on!!!

ferg

Right on Ferg. Wouldn't we all like a huge library stuffed full of the printed word we love? What Sylvia taught us, and borrowing from a library is exactly the same. I don't know who Hellfire thinks he is, but I have two published SS in two different anthologies in my library back in my roots of Ohio. And I proud they are there for people to read. What's to be uncomfortable about? We've always made books available, but try and download a SONG and you'll end up in prison. And I'm sure she's right about the fees at her 'county' library. I live in Rutland VT. now, and the only people who can use the library are the ones who live in Rutland 'city.' Not anyone else in the county, unless you pay a fee. Damn disgrace. Cheryl

Cheryl,

I will admit I am a little confused with your post. It seems to begin you are agreeing with me, at the end you aren't.

I think many folks do not understand the way a public library has to work. When I was a kid and growing up, we went to the library, got a card, checked books out for two weeks time, if you didn't return the book on time you were charged .02 per day the book was overdue. We don't have the luxury of that anymore. Did you vote for the last County or City Library request to the voters for operating capitol via taxes? If you didn't,you have no right to grumble about the fee you get charged. County and City Library's have become separate entities quite often now. They simply do not have the funds to provide the best service.

Borrowing from the Library is not the same in any way shape or form. Again, Amazon or whoever, is in the business to make money. If they didn't, a lot of folks would have no job. The money to run the e-book system has to come from somewhere. Do you think the owners are all rich? I can probably answer that question myself.

Come on, How do you think the musicians and singers survive monetarily? Every time someone downloads a song illegally, that is money out of the artist's pocket.

Do you actually think you have the right to manipulate the "viewing" software so you can get a free book or song? Unfortunately you are not the only person in the world that

thinks in this way. I really feel sorry for you. Somewhere along the way you did not learn "Right from Wrong".

I have said my piece.

BTW: Hellfire was right on!!!

ferg

I just wrote you a 5 paragraph answer that was lost and that's probably best for all concerned since I was raised to respect my elders, even rude, know it all ones.

I won't say but two things.......Don't you EVER doubt the way I raised and I hope you and Hellfire get out into the real world sometime, where it's not a meeting of the top 1% pooh poohing the rest of us trying to get by and better ourselves. Ferg, you only respond to posts where you can judge other people, you never offer help. With you it's negative, negative, and more negative. I guess at least it gives you something to do.

I lied, 3rd, I VOTE in every election, do you. And you must not have been raised right because you can't even spell manners.