Sign in to follow this  
joshk

New Rig I Just Finished Up....

I've been a long time reader of the forums here but have never shared any work.... I just finished this one up earlier this morning and was pretty pleased with the way it came out so I figured it was worth sharing....

395547_332439053443051_113744765312482_1088589_1961413408_n.jpg

404875_332444800109143_113744765312482_1088600_1536804489_n.jpg

Clipboard1-3.jpg

Edited by joshk

Pretty nice. Reminiscent of the old speed scabbard with some innovation. I particularly like the belt attachment method.

Looks great!

Very nice work. Mike

thanks folks! this was my 2nd attempt (1st attempt this past Saturday) at a new design I've been wanting to work up for a while.... also my first attempt at cuts and freehand border stamping....

Edited by joshk

Very nice!

Very classy.

SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Very attractive. Well done. Just a curious question, though. Why the screws on the belt attachment? And, are those tabs reinforced with something? I assume the hole is to accomodate a pants belt loop?

thanks for the compliments folks!

Go2Tex.... this holster is pretty much my version of the old Bianchi Gunsite or Davis Omega rig.... the Omega rig had a similar rear plate attachment.... I added the belt loop slot and reworked the tabs so they'll slide under a belt loop if needed.... also, they are not reinforced as this is just meant to be a range/competition rig....

we had a big thunderstorm roll through last night that kept me up all night so I took advantage and worked up a matching double mag pouch with scaled down diamond cuts.... this is one of the only things I've ever worked up that didn't involve power tools which was awesome considering the power kept going in and out....

430148_333266326693657_113744765312482_1090672_1109526736_n.jpg

Edited by joshk

Beautiful work Mike

Always nice stuff Josh, ive had the pleasure of seeing some of your work in person out here in Las Vegas, Paulie from Survive the encounter is a local here and he let me barrow a few blue guns in the begining of me making holsters, so in doing so we talked a bit about holsters and he showed me some of your work!

thanks guys! I'm working on another variation of this rig with a stingray inlay and will post a couple pics of that one when done...

here's what I'm working on with the stingray inlay....

421454_334474516572838_113744765312482_1093159_1539703724_n.jpg

I think you've got a winner. Really good looking lines. Is this a very popular style?

thanks Hay.... it's a new style that I've been wanting to work up for a while.... I'm pretty much exploring the limits of what I can do with it....

That is just beautiful. Nice job!

Thanks Matt!

joshk, very nice indeed.

Only thing I would suggest would be to try out a thicker thread or a smaller drill bit...

Though I don't know that I *would* even do that...

Nice

thanks Reaper! I actually punch all my holes with a 1/16" punch and stitch with #277 thread.... I've thought about drilling them in the past but I kind of like the look of the punch/sew combo.... just a little touch to try to set them apart from the rest I guess....

nice design!