oldtimer

Enough Is Enough!

A pic from my frontyard. Will it ever be summer this year?

/ Knut

post-5173-026392500 1327569991_thumb.jpg

completely understand,spoton.gif of we don't get another frost soon I might have to mow the yard again, poofan.gifjust to even things up, David

still in shorts n tee,,,,,,good luck,,,cheers.gif

What's all that white stuff? ;)

What's all that white stuff? ;)

I can send you a shipload for free and you´ll find out! All you have to do is pay the shipping! :Lighten:

/ Knut

It's been "spring" here all winter with temperatures above frezing exept...the white fluffy stuff came down 2 days ago around half an inch:ranting2: ...

I remember hearing about a place where the native language has 19 different words for snow.

Don't remember where.

Don't much care.

I'd rather know about the place where they don't even have ONE word for snow.....

I'd rather know about the place where they don't even have ONE word for snow.....

Western Australia, over 40C all this week and probably all next week as well.

I won't post pictures of the paltry 6" or so we have now, but here are a few from last March. The first is Rod in front of the shop. The other two I took when we went out to burn a brush pile back of our house. It had been burning a while and you can see the hole in the snow it made as it burned and melted the snow. And you can see how well snowshoes work. The last one you can see what happened when he took the snowshoes off... Some years we get a lot. Some years not much.

post-5669-077931500 1327647510_thumb.jpg post-5669-033523800 1327647640_thumb.jpg post-5669-055766600 1327647676_thumb.jpg

I remember hearing about a place where the native language has 19 different words for snow.

If I remember right that would be the Inuits.

Today I traded my old snow blower for a car. Better to be inside a comfortable vehicle than walking behind a snow blower with the wind in the face! :whatdoyouthink:

/ Knut

It's been "spring" here all winter with temperatures above frezing exept...the white fluffy stuff came down 2 days ago around half an inch:ranting2: ...

Winter in your part of Sweden, Tina, is just a word in the calender ! :innocent:

post-5173-016995300 1328888690_thumb.jpg

Winter in your part of Sweden, Tina, is just a word in the calender ! :innocent:

This winter...I agree! (touch wood)

I would not like a winter again as the last two ones, then the winter was just that, cold, a massive amounts of nasty white fluff falling from the skies and, did I mentioned cold? People do move down here to get away from the winters as much as possible, I love it :thumbsup:

Edited by Tina

Very rare to get snow here in Southern Nevada, but even where I work in Utah we haven't had any this year. Today it was in the 70's (F). As to rain, we only average 4-4.5" a year with most of that during the monsoons in July. One of the reasons I moved to the desert.

VOLVO !

Took some pics of my wifes car today before I liberated it from the snow. It has been idle for months , I turned the key and it started right away. That´s a trusty old car ( 1987 model, never failed one day - so far!)

/ Knut

post-5173-021984000 1329597840_thumb.jpg

post-5173-053808800 1329597847_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldtimer

My azaleas are blooming. I guess we can afford to send some warm weather north for the rest of y'all!

My azaleas are blooming. I guess we can afford to send some warm weather north for the rest of y'all!

Looking forward for warm weather but we will have to wait at least til end of April

Don't remember where.

Don't much care.

Answer 1 Eskimos 2. Tahiti

Snow report : ONLY 1 foot of snow left on my lawn. Sooner or later it is gone!

Snow report - was all gone. Then got another 14 inches on Friday...

post-5669-028573100 1334617536_thumb.jpg post-5669-014527600 1334617524_thumb.jpg

Snow report : ONLY 1 foot of snow left on my lawn. Sooner or later it is gone!

We have about the same left here now. At least we don't have to get the lawn mowers out yet.

Snow report - was all gone. Then got another 14 inches on Friday...

Damn Denise, after seeing that lot I'll stop moaning about the few dozen flakes we had.

It's melting already, but it will take a few days to totally disappear again. I keep telling myself that the pastures needed the moisture.

The worst thing is they didn't grade the road till Monday. We managed to get out the 2 1/2 miles to the highway on Sunday night with the truck in 4 wheel drive. Didn't want to chance it before then. Neighbours about 3 miles farther than us tried it and didn't make it. Stuck in the middle of the road. Doesn't happen often, and usually the MD gets the graders out right away, but we are 20 miles from ttown where they only got about 6" of snow so maybe they didn't realize how bad it was out here. I don't know how the school bus got through Monday morning...

Lovley sunny spring at the southern parts of Sweden...Not that warm (+10-12C = 50-54F) but warm enough for hubby to go out golfing and me sitting on the stairs at back with a nice cup of tea :-)