Iron Pounder

Business Name

Interesting topic. I'm in the process of putting together a "real" type business myself, including tax licenses, etc. Since most of the things I do is centered around the western lifestyle, I wanted a name that sounded kinda "cowboy". My initials are W.W.W. I thought about maybe W squared or 3W or something like that. Nothing really jumped out at me. Then I thought I'd do a play on words if you will. And lo and behold, I came up with the name Double U Leather. Sounds kinda like an old ranch brand like the Double Diamond or something. I checked the web availibility, and sure enough, it was available. With that being said, I'm now Double U Leather dot com, and the site should be up in a couple weeks. I guess now I'm gonna hafta change my name on here too....LOL.

Shadowryder, Ya I like that name but there is a guy not far from me, Anvil Customs that does at least some of the stuff I do so can't really use that name. Once you start looking to the internet at url's that aren't taken that are something not too long and works with what you do it really limits you on the names. We are also looking at relocation which of course just makes things that much harder.

Leatherrookie, clever name I like it. I could see that brand working well to your market for sure. Within the next day or so we will post our short list of names. Evern though we have tried our best to make sure someone elese isn't using the names we have on our short list I bet someone will know someone using that name. I wish we had a national registry for all names. For example there is 3 leatherworks business names operating just in my town of 60,000 but none of the registered with the state, I just happened onto them.

Ha ya that works. What makes a name hard for me is the different types of folks that I have sold to and will sell to. Hard to think of a brand that say the bike community and folks like my parents would also want. Walmart has a blue shirt for 5.00 the same shirt with a brand name on it is 20.00. So the brand name is everything, that product (shirt) had nothing to do with the price.

I don't know how I came up with mine to be honest. I like catchy names but I know most people don't even know what couture is. My initials are C. A. C. so the Double C was easy. I don't really think I understand your concern. I know there's probably 1000 places named Double C something or other. As long as it's not identical I don't see where it would matter.

Man I so have to beg to differ with you on that 5 buck shirt at Walmart. They don't sell anything that I know of that ain't from China. The only time you could compare the 2 is if the Custom shirt was made in China too. I buy and sell USA WHEN I can find it. We so need the jobs right now. anyway good luck on your name search. Cheryl