Hi everyone! I just stitched up the iPad sleeves I've been working on. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm new to leather craft and I live in an apartment where I can't make too much noise tooling, so these are examples of quieter methods. The pig is done with only a swivel knife, and the Mario is lightly repoussed and painted with acrylics. My construction and stitching isn't great, but hey, I finished them!

post-28241-017724700 1328128189_thumb.jp

They look great! I really like the "PIG" version. I'm sure my 7 yr old boy would absolutely love the Mario version.

I really like the way they both turned out! I will have to keep your pig in mind when I want to make a figure!

Too bad you live in an apartment...just think what you could do making alot of noise!!:thumbsup: Your swivel work is nicely done!

Hi everyone! I just stitched up the iPad sleeves I've been working on. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm new to leather craft and I live in an apartment where I can't make too much noise tooling, so these are examples of quieter methods. The pig is done with only a swivel knife, and the Mario is lightly repoussed and painted with acrylics. My construction and stitching isn't great, but hey, I finished them!

Those are BOTH adorable, and i think your stitching looked great! Cheryl

Great job on both. Glad to see you were able to find something that you can make without much noise. With this amount of talent you should think of moving and doing some tooling, your abilities will soar.

Just something to think about later! For now make some more of these and start creating some cash flow!!

Very nice pieces!

They are just wonderful and so different from each other. Keep up the good work. You don't need to make a lot of noise with your ability.

PANTHER

Thanks for all the comments, everybody! It's very encouraging to hear such nice things.

grouphug5vj5.gif

I'm having fun experimenting with different ways of doing things, but I definitely want to start tooling more. I'll let you all know how my attempts go!

Hey.

I love the pig sleeve. I am starting out in leatherworking and want to make something similar, with a very thin lining (maybe neoprene) plus additional, rigid pockets on the outside for keyboard and stand. Plus maybe a shoulder strap...

1/ May I ask what thickness / cut of leather you used? I'm thinking it's probably 2.5mm thickness. The reason I ask is that I think the exact thickness / rigidity will be critical in getting that effect, and the correct level of protection. Unfortunately I don't live near a place I can test out different thicknesses / cuts of leathers.

2/ What type of retainer do you have on the flap? It seems a little delicate for a whopping great buckle...

3/ Did you dye it yourself?

Regards,

Mat