Rawhide

Stirrup Lamp No. 2

Here's another stirrup lamp I made for my uncle. I tried my hand a dying on this one, got a lot to learn with dying.

Marlon

interior_scroll.jpg

stirrup_lamp.jpg

stirrup_lamp2.jpg

post-3307-1215732947_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1215732991_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1215733083_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rawhide

That is a beautiful lamp. I really like the look of the inside with that leaf design.

Tom

thanks Tom. I notice that a fair amount of masters of our craft tend to do some scroll work on the interior of their projects. So I figure it can't hurt.

Marlon

beautiful work, the great lacing caught my eye.... scary stuff coloring leather....thats why peter main is my hero!!

thanks Tom. I notice that a fair amount of masters of our craft tend to do some scroll work on the interior of their projects. So I figure it can't hurt.

Marlon

You're so right! I honestly did thought about lining the pair of bracers I'm working on with thin veg. It's sorta engagement thing for a couple and is gonna have text inside BUT the type of bracer they choosed is not suited for this I think, oh that was disappointing. I thought having some kind of banner scroll with a text they provided me.

You keep it up as a reminder to the rest of us, I'm definetly gonna use it.

Tom

Rawhide,

That is a beautiful lamp!

Your uncle will be proud to display it in his house, I know I would.

I love doing projects for the house, that are also functional.

Was it a kit, or did you make it from scratch?

If so, is there a pattern you worked from?

I would love to make one for my mother, she is a horse lover, & still rides at 70 +

Rawhide,

That is a beautiful lamp!

Your uncle will be proud to display it in his house, I know I would.

I love doing projects for the house, that are also functional.

Was it a kit, or did you make it from scratch?

If so, is there a pattern you worked from?

I would love to make one for my mother, she is a horse lover, & still rides at 70 +

Craftsman, It is made from a pattern, but not a kit. I got it from hidecrafters. I can try and scan it for you if you like. It came with a video though that has construction information, but if you've covered a stirrup before, it probably won't be a big deal.

....thats why peter main is my hero!! DITTO!!!, He makes it look so easy, I aspire to be about half as good as he is.

Marlon

Looks great. I want to make one of these and a saddle lamp. I'm too busy making things for other people to make something for myself that would be fun to do. I was glad to get my knife sheath in. LOL

You really did do a good job on it.

ArtS

Looks great. I want to make one of these and a saddle lamp. I'm too busy making things for other people to make something for myself that would be fun to do. I was glad to get my knife sheath in. LOL

You really did do a good job on it.

ArtS

Thanks Art. I know what you mean about making things for yourself. It's hard to get anything done for you. Oh well, so goes the territory.

Marlon

Looks great Marlon! Have you tried sharpies for coloring instead of dye? I used some Bic permanent markers on the latest seat cover for my bike and the color is holding up a lot better than I expected.

This sure is beautiful. Great work. I love when you post stuff.

WOW!

If you don't mind sharing the pattern, I'd like to be on the list too. Is that made with a real stirrup ( of which I have a few laying around here) or is that all leather?

WOW!

If you don't mind sharing the pattern, I'd like to be on the list too. Is that made with a real stirrup ( of which I have a few laying around here) or is that all leather?

Twin, It is made with a real stirrup, just the hard plastic version, not the wooden ones. I'm sure they would work, but I use the plastic.

Good job and nice details !!

The detail on the inside is a professional touch.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Rick J.

Very nice, Marlon. I like your dye job, too.

I have a girl friend who has horses, and would probably really like a lamp like that. Where did you get the pattern/instructions?

Hilly