daleoffshore

Usa Made Buckles

I found philip machine in RI,called them and found they mfg orders in the 1,000+ range.They can work with you on inventory but they may/may not have in stock,and 100 pcs.

I'm looking for a distributer to buy 1in conway and roller buckles,also 1/2-5/8-3/4-1 1/4-1 -1/2 roller buckles or other belt buckles.I'm trying to stay USA made,but I'm tired of "everything is made in china".

If someone starts a buisness and carries Philip Machine hardware count me in. I believe they really can meet pricing with labor cost vs import tax from china. Brass cost the same in usa as china as it's a world market.

Dale, I heard every word. There is a difference though, the brass buckles made in China you'll be able to read a newspaper through.

I can only recommend Jeremiah Watt to you, I love the buckles I got from him, until someone told me he outsourced them. But they're beautiful and really well made.....somewhere.

www.ranch2arena.com

Hope this helps, Cheryl

I found philip machine in RI,called them and found they mfg orders in the 1,000+ range.They can work with you on inventory but they may/may not have in stock,and 100 pcs.

I'm looking for a distributer to buy 1in conway and roller buckles,also 1/2-5/8-3/4-1 1/4-1 -1/2 roller buckles or other belt buckles.I'm trying to stay USA made,but I'm tired of "everything is made in china".

If someone starts a buisness and carries Philip Machine hardware count me in. I believe they really can meet pricing with labor cost vs import tax from china. Brass cost the same in usa as china as it's a world market.

Did you ask if they sold to a retailer you could order from?

I called Springfield leather and asked about them being a dist.The more calls they recieve,the more it will be considered. I'm just a hobbiest for now,but if others will buy them I will,philip machine is the last holdout.

I spoke to John at Philips this morning, and he said if there was enough interest/response from us here at LW, they may consider working something out for the smaller quantity buyer. They have no distribution chain.

He appreciates our interest in wanting to buy made in USA buckles.....he welcomes hearing from all those interested...so CALL HIM!!!!

logo.jpg 190 York Avenue · Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02860 T: 401-353-7383 · F: 401-353-8430 For sales: john@philipmachine.com Technical questions and sales: Joshua@philipmachine.com

I spoke to John at Philips this morning, and he said if there was enough interest/response from us here at LW, they may consider working something out for the smaller quantity buyer. They have no distribution chain.

He appreciates our interest in wanting to buy made in USA buckles.....he welcomes hearing from all those interested...so CALL HIM!!!!

logo.jpg 190 York Avenue · Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02860 T: 401-353-7383 · F: 401-353-8430 For sales: john@philipmachine.com Technical questions and sales: Joshua@philipmachine.com

I looked at their website. They have TONS of colors available! The most I have ever seen.

I sent John an email. Would love to try some of those buckles!

I just sent John an email too, those buckles are gorgeous. Cheryl

This sounds great. I'm in for some. Maybe we could just put together a group purchase.

Then you should call or email John to let him know you would support this.

I can call him but don't know what to say really other than I will take some, depending on pricing. Let s say he prices them out at 1.00 avg. How many would everyone buy. I would guess he wants to know the volume more than how many of us want some. If 4 of us take 200 each that is a decent run but if 10 of us take 25 each I doubt he would even mess with it.

Do we know a ballpark price on his stuff? We just make our own made from solid brass but it takes forever and would love to just buy them from a company here.

I can call him but don't know what to say really other than I will take some, depending on pricing. Let s say he prices them out at 1.00 avg. How many would everyone buy. I would guess he wants to know the volume more than how many of us want some. If 4 of us take 200 each that is a decent run but if 10 of us take 25 each I doubt he would even mess with it.

Do we know a ballpark price on his stuff? We just make our own made from solid brass but it takes forever and would love to just buy them from a company here.

All points that should be directed at him, that's why you should call or email him.

I'm in... will give him a call this afternoon!

I sent John and Joshua an e-mail to follow up what I started. My Wife says that paying for US Labor over import is ok,and if the price is within 1.00 of import it won't affect purchase;and It can be marketed as All USA hardware.

I talked to Joshua ,at Philip Machine today. He quoted me a price of 1.14 per buckle for 1 in centerbar drop center, roller,quantity 1gross. He's sending me a couple of samples so we are on same page.

It looks as if prices will be reasonable if you stay with a popular item . This thread kind of died,hope this helps anyone still interested.

I am definitely still interested, but mainly in 1-1/2" heel bars.

I am also interested in US Brass buckles in 1 1/4-1 1/2-1 3/4 in nickel & brass (round & square). I purchase in 500 quantities of each except 1000 on the 1 1/2 nickel square. I am about to pull the trigger on a new Mfg but can hold off for a few weeks.A group buy would be great but quality is very important. I will also make the call but if anything comes up feel free to contact us at 678/520-2695. I am sick of the China junk, as well.

Hope we can work something out.

Joshua told me there are a lot of buckles not listed on web site,You have to e-mail,and probably call. They make thousands of 1 in and 1 1/4 harness buckles . If You're computer savy you can send photo of what you want.

I also found a place to buy usa DOT Snaps 100 pkg or 1,000. I'm using Perfect Fit in Portland Or.

1.14 per for 1" roller centerbar is not too bad at all. The cheaper non rollers I buy are usually between .50 and 1.20 depending on what is in stock.

Has anyone straight out asked what kind of volume Philips usually works in or what kind of minimum they would be looking for? I use both 1" center bars for bag straps and 1 1/2" heels for belts and utility straps regularly. I'd be willing to go in on a run of 50 of each or so.

1.14 per for 1" roller centerbar is not too bad at all. The cheaper non rollers I buy are usually between .50 and 1.20 depending on what is in stock.

Has anyone straight out asked what kind of volume Philips usually works in or what kind of minimum they would be looking for? I use both 1" center bars for bag straps and 1 1/2" heels for belts and utility straps regularly. I'd be willing to go in on a run of 50 of each or so.

I would encourage you to call them and ask them. As has been stated up above, the more calls/emails they get, and the more interest show by us folks at LW, the more they likely they are to work with us on certain items.

That of course means bending their rules on min orders etc.

I wonder if there is anyway to see Samples ?

Dale said in an earlier post that they were going to send him a couple of samples when he called about a quote. As Rayban posted, would be worth getting in touch with them and asking. I will be sending an e-mail shortly, and the next time I call for an order at Springfield I will let them know that I would be a buyer if they looked into being a retailer for these buckles.

I wonder if there is anyway to see Samples ?

Ask them.....how many times.....how many different ways can I tell/ask you to ask then direct??

Ouch.....Rick

I would definitely be interested in the 1 1/2" buckles as well!

I talked to Joshua today. I had'nt recieved samples that were to be sent.

NOW,FOR WHAT I DID'NT KNOW! Drop center buckles like I want are CAST and NO BRASS CASTING IN USA ,due to regulations. If you want a buckle that has to be cast,it's cast from a Zinc alloy,still very strong according to Joshua.

He also commented: I don't know what you did but we have been swamped with calls. Guess there is more going on with this topic than meets the eye.

I'll look at the cast buckle and the formed [ brass and steel formed from wire ] buckles and go from there.I find that any buckle that will be around a Horse should be a center bar,it will take more for them to work it free.

I would like to get buckles in other sizes,but not more than a couple of dozen.If anyone is going to buy a quantity and can let some go;maybe we can work something out.

Edited by daleoffshore