Iron Pounder

Looking For A Good Servo Motor For Singer 111W155

I'm looking for a good quality servo. I would like to get something that has a gear reduction built into the servo motor case if possible. Are any made here in the US?

You can get a good one made in the US for a grand or so, but a Chinese one from Bob will go $175 or so.

Art

I'm looking for a good quality servo. I would like to get something that has a gear reduction built into the servo motor case if possible. Are any made here in the US?

If you are interested in a good price, check out FERDCO for some closeouts: http://www.ferdco.com/content.php?page_id=1

Bob Stelmack

I have two serve-pros from Toledo Industrial and love them. Under $200.

Check with Bob.

Kevin

Got mine along with a speed reducer from Cobra Steve. Was easy to install and runs great. Big benefit was being able go to Steve's shop and see how they were set up and having the phone support. Haven't done business with Bob but hear nothing but good thing, so I don't think you could go wrong with him either.

The sewpro I was sent didn't end up working out for me. That is why I asked for a bit better quality. I think I could live with spending 500-600 on a good servo. Maybe the problem is you can't buy one for that? Hate to put much more than that into this old Singer I think. I want to keep this set up for 69 or max 138 thread and just leave it then we are going to add a new machine around Christmas time I would guess.

OK! Try another route, outside the box, to slow your baby down.

Do the wheel exchange to a 11/12 hand wheel at farm/fleet etc. You don't need the gear reduction , and the wheel effect will do wonders.

Buy a 11/12" belt roller, add a 1/2 inch bearing and cut you motor wheel to 2 inch. Cost about ...fifty.. sixty.

Not a bad addition to the 111w.

Ok,

Here is a SCR and motor for $500+ that will work and it is pretty easy to install. US made too.

http://www.sailrite.com/MC-SCR-Power-System-110-Volt

Art

Art

Have you tried or know anyone that has had good luck with the sailrite rig? I have considered playing with the pullies as well and just using the clutch motor. My clutch doesn't take hold til I have the pedal all the way down. I noticed a bolt with a jam nut that I assume is an adjustment for clutch. I think I might try adjusting that abit to see if I can bring the clutch in with less pedal. I think that would go a good ways right there in control at least. I will look in the morning but I don't think the machine pulley comes off. A two belt reduction set up could get around that easy enough if the pulley won't just unbolt. I don't know if I would want to do anything perm to the machine itself.

I know you are saying you want a Made in USA motor but you can't go wrong with a Hohsing HVP-90 motor.

You don't need a gear reduction as it is programmable and can set speed from 50-2500!

Tried it on a clone to the singer machine you are having from highlead and it can do a stitch at a time, incredible precision.

It also has ability to add synchroniser, needle positioning, needle foot lift, stitch count etc...not sure fo the price in the US but not too cheap really.

Good morning everybody , I agree with Yanni ! Three of my sewing machines have HO-HSING motors & I never had any trouble with them . & on the plus side is they all have needle positioning systems & although nobody talks much about that , I never would be anymore able to live without that feature ! Powerful without gear reduction pulleys .

But be careful there are 3 or four different models . On the down side they are expensive ; There is a guy selling them , I think it's Gregg from Keystone ?

Yanni, That rig sounds like it is worth a look. The specs do list my local voltage as an option so that is a good start. I really like the idea of it being completely user adjustable with your computer. Another guy here on the forum is having trouble with his servo motor and this type of system would rid him of that problem. I just found Keystone and they list the servo motor but it is 800 and really thinking my budget should stay around 600 or so. Having said that I'm sick of having problems so I might bend a bit. I'm thinking of just adjusting pulley size on this machine and seeing where I'm at after that. I have so much wasted time into this project but as they say in for a penney in for a pound I guess.

Kayak45 I'm going to take a better look at my options on the pulley set up. I have another table in storage that I think has a motor on it but have no idea of the pulley on it. I will check that out then off to the farm supply store. I found a post showing a guy drilling a tapping into the stock machine wheel to bolt a large pulley onto it and that is an option as well. I don't remember him saying how he lined up the pullies but I would guess that stock part comes off easy and just using an alignment dowel that has a taper to it should center them good enough to get it clamped up good. Anyway one way or another I'm going to give it a go today. If I can't get it to where it works for me then I guess I will take another look at servo motors.

How soon do I want the clutch to come in? Thinking a faster engagement might help a bit as well. I have to give it almost full pedal to get it to go, then of course the thing takes off like a dragster. My Grandma doesn't seem to have much trouble with it though,ha. I guess at 96 years young she has a few years on me :notworthy: .

I got a SEWPRO from Bob and put on my machine. It was still to fast for me, and couldn't punch through 2 layers of 8 oz without assistance at minimum speed. Today, a put a speed reduction set of pulleys on it as well. I had a 7.5" pulley and got a 2" with the same bore size, a couple pillow block type bearings, and piece of 3/4" shaft I had around. Made a frame for it and put it on my machine. Needs a couple little adjsutments yet but it works great. It will punch through 2 layers of 8 oz leather at the slowest speed with no assistance. I turned the max speed up to maximum, so I have the full range of speed available, and fast is slightly more than fast enough for me. (A little slow winding bobbins, but that's okay with me.)

Now I can backstitch at the start without needing 3 hands (1 on the leather, 1 on the reverse lever, and 1 on the wheel to help it get started, and hope it didn't run away on me. Didn't relish the thought of trying to hold the reverse lever down with my forehead since I don't have that thrid hand.)

So if you want to keep your costs down a bit, get the SEWPRO and a pulley reduction set. I've seen the pulley reduction set listed at $150 to 175.

CTG

HI Ironpounder! Wherer the hell is "crazytown"