wind power

Name This Singer

George Burns

pete

It's a fiddle based from the 'new family' Singer introduced in the last 1/4 of the 1800s. Cheryl

Give aways?

Way too big hand wheel and the tension adjustment on the base. You put 'em on her up through 1950 and I'll name the domestic models for you.

Edited by DoubleC

It looks like a Model 12 or 13. I'd have to see the front to be sure. This will make a nice restoration project for the owner.

I found this website that lists models by serial number. It's actually quite a sizable database of information.

Ya think? I kinda like my restoration projects with a hint of color left so I can tell what the decal was once about a time. Besides doesn't matter about the model number, they were all alike, the 'latest' thing for the home before the VSs came out. You can get a 27 VS1, 2, or 49 but it's just a 27.

You know Wiz i read some where since no one mentions the VS ONE that if ya ever find one it will be a combo of this model with a VS. I'm still looking, LOL.

Ya think? I kinda like my restoration projects with a hint of color left so I can tell what the decal was once about a time. Besides doesn't matter about the model number, they were all alike, the 'latest' thing for the home before the VSs came out. You can get a 27 VS1, 2, or 49 but it's just a 27.

You know Wiz i read some where since no one mentions the VS ONE that if ya ever find one it will be a combo of this model with a VS. I'm still looking, LOL.

Thanks everyone,

those links and information really helped....lol I was going through Singers long list of PDF's trying to ID it.

Double C, This is a local Craigslist listing, the folks are wanting 10 dollars for it! But as you say it does look like some possible modifications have been done...I asked the lady if she has sewn with it but she said no, but does rememeber her aunt sewing with it before it was given to her....but we all know how some of those ols sewing machine stories can go...lol.

In another photo of the back of the machine the Singer logo is styill there but a bit tattered.

Hey what the heck, why not for ten bucks...afterall what does ten bucks buy you nowadays??? I would rather spend it on this than a hamburger in a local greasy spoon.

Thanks,

Gavin

Looks like a Singer mod#12 to me,I have on @ home I'll have to post a pic of.

Bob

Thanks everyone,

those links and information really helped....lol I was going through Singers long list of PDF's trying to ID it.

Double C, This is a local Craigslist listing, the folks are wanting 10 dollars for it! But as you say it does look like some possible modifications have been done...I asked the lady if she has sewn with it but she said no, but does rememeber her aunt sewing with it before it was given to her....but we all know how some of those ols sewing machine stories can go...lol.

In another photo of the back of the machine the Singer logo is styill there but a bit tattered.

Hey what the heck, why not for ten bucks...afterall what does ten bucks buy you nowadays??? I would rather spend it on this than a hamburger in a local greasy spoon.

Thanks,

Gavin

No Gavin, I didn't mean that. it's all original and i realized later some of these were all black, didn't have decals, sorry. Great deal for 10 bucks!!!!!!!Cheryl

Looks like a Singer mod#12 to me,I have on @ home I'll have to post a pic of.

Bob

I thought he wanted us to help him NAME it, Like mine are Lucky, Squeaky and Flora, LOL

I thought he wanted us to help him NAME it, Like mine are Lucky, Squeaky and Flora, LOL

I entirely missed that point Cheryl. You are 1200% correct. The O.P. isn't interested in the model number, but wants us to name the machine.

Okay, i'll byte ;-) The machine in the picture is Algernon Horatio Albatross III

I was thinking Fiddle Dee De. DD for short, but AHA!!! is a good name too, LOL.

I've been in using my hand crank 28 to sew my denim and sweatshirt quilt I'm making.....nono.gif You know Wiz, the material these singers won't sewlaugh.gif I forgot to tell Flora she can't sew this stuff, LOL

Gavin be sure to tell Algernon he can't sew heavy materials, that he's just a little wimpy machine tongue.gif