Seitengemehr = Bayonet

Probably not going to receive much karma from using a Nazi-era style, but you did do an amazing job on the lettering.

Jack,

Please keep in mind that this is an international forum, and that the leather workers on here serve an international customer base. There is also quite the market for WW2 items, regardless of which side, to collectors. Making leather goods to compliment historical items is just another one of our markets.

Also please keep in mind that this forum is dedicated to the leather, and we (as a community) decided long ago that politics don't belong here because the topic(s) ruffle too many feathers.

Arbalet,

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL job matching the patina of the blade. Is the eagle as stamp or is that carved?

A beautiful piece of leather crafting.

The eagle is stamped. Thanks.

Jack,

Please keep in mind that this is an international forum, and that the leather workers on here serve an international customer base. There is also quite the market for WW2 items, regardless of which side, to collectors. Making leather goods to compliment historical items is just another one of our markets.

Also please keep in mind that this forum is dedicated to the leather, and we (as a community) decided long ago that politics don't belong here because the topic(s) ruffle too many feathers.

The only feathers being ruffled are mine after reading your comment. eusa_naughty.gif

Nothing in my post was about politics. If you read that into it, you are completely wrong. In fact, you're so off base with that comment that I can't believe you read it at all.

This is NOT a WWII historical item. It is a modern leathercrafter making a sheath by copying a 75-year old style. I stated that it might not be the most popular choice to imitate a regime that tried to conquer the world and killed millions of people in the process. I was right in my brief observation. Some people actually hold a grudge about that, and understandably so.

Do not f***ing tell me that "we (as a community) decided". Last time I checked, I'm also a member on here. I didn't advocate a political stand of any kind. You're way off base and I take offense to your post.

Well, lets be honest. When it comes to martial style... the Germans (especially Third Reich) had one of the best styles all around. Good Karma!

Beautiful work, great detail and execution. I agree, WWII German design was spectacular, from uniforms to weapons and most everything else. I can appreciate the design & style without subscribing to the Nazi mindset. Im not offended and hope to see more of your work. =)

-Robert

I can't imagine how you got a Nazi Eagle stamp, but as a life long WWII history buff I think it is cool as heck. The finish, style and workmanship is all totally excellent as well!

Na aber Hallo, da werden wieder Perlen vor die Saeue geworfen und Aepfel mit Tomaten verglichen.....lasst mal schoen die Politik raus und habt Spass am Leder Hobby!!!

Ein Gruss und Kuss dein Julius!!

I've got a number of things that my grandfather brought back from Europe. Including a dress bayonet about that size. Mine has a a metal sheath and the leather frog intact. Great work on the sheath.