Sign in to follow this  
kimball

Singer 211G166

anyone familliar with a singer 211G166 ,will it sew things like gunbelts and some horse tack say up to 14 or 16 oz leather .I was given one free today

Free is always good.!!!!

Will sew 1/2 inch and up to #22 needle. Nice machine, but don't try to slow it down. Needs speed to oil it.

Kevin

Free is always good, but I think for what you want to do a bit on the lean side.....I have a Singer 211-155 and about 12-14 oz is max, will readily take 138 thread top and bottom and yes, as stated....1/2 inch sounds about right....you might need a larger machine for what you want to do?!

But as said, a freebe is always a keeper.....and this one will make chaps and wallets, bags and such all day long....I love mine.

Jame

You can't beat the price,but as James knows it won't be quite heavy enough for the tack,you should handle the belts ok.

At least we have the parts in stock for it.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Bob

Free is always good.!!!!

Will sew 1/2 inch and up to #22 needle. Nice machine, but don't try to slow it down. Needs speed to oil it.

Kevin

I love mine and the auto oiler and auto trimmers all were removed to a basic beast, and a regular shot of oil and

a servo motor makes It works great ,,,,,,,,, considering a speed reducer for an extra punch in heavier stuff I'm doing more often

anyone familliar with a singer 211G166 ,will it sew things like gunbelts and some horse tack say up to 14 or 16 oz leather .I was given one free today

Here is a manual for a 211A. It might help.211A.pdf

I wouldn't quite say it could sew up to 1/2". Probably around 3/8". Solid machine though, good for belts wallets chaps and other general leather work.

Ron

thanks guys for the response .lookong forward to picking it up .and Bob I will probably be in touch .hahaha .Never used a sewing machine before ,should be interesting

Edited by kimball