DarkSeid

Bag Closers

I don't know what to call it, but after watching this video I spotted these awesome bag closers (clasps?)

Are they custom for the Lecia company or something I could find elsewhere? I've check the Ohio bag company but didn't see anything like it.

Thanks in advance.

post-34712-0-64368000-1351451015_thumb.j

post-34712-0-36330700-1351451031_thumb.j

post-34712-0-75611900-1351451172_thumb.j

post-34712-0-28734200-1351451184_thumb.j

Edited by DarkSeid

As they have "Hermes" on the fastener, I think it may be made just for them.

These are in fact just for them as they have their name on them and have them patented and trademarked as well. Too bad about that though as they are really nice. Give it some time, there is sure to be someone out there from outside the US that will violate these trademarks and copyrights and put an aftermarket version out there for the mass market as there are plenty of private handbag and purse makers in the world that are sure to snatch them up.

I figured as much. But you never know, lots of times a manufacturer will put your name on whatever you want, buttons, snaps, whatever. I was hoping this was the case but I guess not.

If I knew what the rest of it looked like a competent machinist could make some I suppose.

Here's another shot of the fastener, beautiful bag as well.

Hermes-camera-bag-Leica-special-edition.jpg

Edited by DarkSeid

It should be pretty easy to replicate in leather if you wanted to ....

You can get the same results with Footmans Loops..something tells me that Tandy now is selling an item similar to the footmans loops. I do like the Round one that you pictured...

Having used a purse in the past... imho - my thoughts on the pretty bag closers are that

they sure look nice, but to me they seem like they would be awkward to use...

Personally, I would rather have just a clasp or closure that I could easily undo with one hand.

Edited by LNLeather

Another option would be to make a similar design out of a wood dowel rod.

Oak would be a good hard wood easily obtained at Home Depot or Lowes in various diameter dowels.

Drill out the necessary width for the thickness of the leather to pass thru, then cut to the needed depth/length and attach to the project/purse with a screw or two to secure it. The wood could be shaped to other than a circle, be stained, and you would not be limited to a specific size.

No dead ends - only detours.

Edited by GoldenKnight

Thanks for the idea GoldenKnight, that sounds exactly what I might try...

Edited by DarkSeid