jayjay

First Show!

Completed my first show it was fun and profitable. Sold couple of wallets, belts, watchbands, key fobs, buck 119 knife sheath, and passed out around 250 business cards and talked to tons of folks. Hopefully some will contact me for some leather!!!!!!

My phone died but I got one picture of my setup I shared the booth with a local clothing store in San Jacinto "Trucha"

post-16367-0-09163800-1353867521_thumb.j

Thanks for sharing your story,sounds like you had a great time . Did some business and avertiseing had all the base's covered looks like . Something to put in your good to know catagory : Direct sunlight kills leather finishes it bleaches them very fast and all your beautiful work suffers . Best to opt for shade when selling outside . Just saying shame to learn that the hard way ,it just sneaks up on you and your stuff is damaged before you know it . Congradulations now you have your feet wet and are a show veteran with many more to come . Well done and thanks for the pic and the story that's class keeping your word and sharing the story and pic . Thanks ! Bill

Sounds like you had a pretty good time...and it looks warm there, jealous! :notworthy:

Way to go JayJay! Congrats. Cheryl

Great! Shows are better for advertising than for selling, I think... It will give you a good feedback for sure!

Edited by Ash

Congrats on your first show. We've been starting to share booths as well, with a couple of local start ups that we've befriended (their products don't dirrectly complete with ours). Sharing helps streamline our displays, reduces the cost of participation and also gives you some one else to talk to (when it's slow).

Thanks all.

I have another question for everyone ...

I want to do more of these types of shows but for this one I went as a supplier for another company and in the future I want to go at it on my own.

When do you need a sellers permit? Probably any time your selling something, but what are the advantages???

What I have gathered so far is this I can buy my supplies without sales tax but I required to pay sales tax on all my sales.

Also California you can't buy sprirt dye but If I'm have sellers permit is it possible?

any other thoughts here folks???

Thanks