Beaverslayer

Christmas Present Bike Seat

I made this for my sons girlfriend for Christmas, she's a big Peter Pan fan, and is getting a pink bike for Christmas as well. The pictures don't show it well, but the side leather is actually quite pink.

post-1605-0-35635400-1356388537_thumb.jp

post-1605-0-37317100-1356388529_thumb.jp

post-1605-0-91329700-1356388522_thumb.jp

She is going to love it. Nice work

That is awsome!

Thats great, certainly unique.

Nice work buddy. Right up my alley. Did you take pic's of the underside? If not how is it attached? Did you cover the existing seat or "re-upholster" it?

looks great!

Thanks for the compliments everyone, they are greatly appreciated.

Spincycle, No sorry I didn't take pictures of the underside. I took the factory cover off the seat, cut it up on the seam lines and used it as a template. The factory cover was glued to the foam as well as glued and stapled to the underside edge of the seat pan (plastic seat pan), so I just did what the factory did, glued and stapled it.

I ran into a bit of trouble, as I couldn't get the spring assembly apart, the carriage bolts just spun in the plastic pan, so the stapling was a bit hard to do, and it caused a few wrinkles to appear on the edges of the pink leather.

Great job. My grandson was given a bike earlier this spring, with pink plastic seat, handle bars, and pedals. So the handle bars got painted black, the seat wrapped with leather, wet formed and tied with lace underneath. Still has pink pedals, but he was happy to see the rest of the pink disappear. Kids are sure funny about pink.

Yours puts mine to shame!

Tom