Finally got this large order done. In total, it was 5 rope cans. The customer took the first one when it was done to take to the ropings to show the contestants what they were roping for. Glad to get this one done and out of the way. Lots of time in each of these dudes. Anyway, take a look and let me know your thoughts. Thanks for your time, and stay blessed.

post-7660-0-78304900-1374767029_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-90097100-1374767080_thumb.jp

Super cool work as usual. I sent a couple people your way last week.

I have no idea what a rope can is, but I think the work is beautiful! Great tooling and the layout is amazing!

Those look great! And what detail!!

I have no idea what a rope can is, but I think the work is beautiful! Great tooling and the layout is amazing!

Think of it as sort of a hat box for rope. You see them most often at a rodeo or for those who are working with stock (working cows for branding, etc). But I most often see them at rodeos for those that "tie down" animals. So someone who competes in goat or calf tying would keep the piggin strings in there, and calf tiers and team ropers will often have a larger can to keep lariats in. Why? Good ropes are expensive, and can be damaged if stepped on or allowed to be damp, so a rope can keeps them safe from having dirt ground into them by a careless boot (dirt is sharp and breaks the individual fibers, which weakens the rope), keeps them dry, and neatly organized.

Beautiful work Double U. One of these days I'm going to see one of your rope cans, bronc halters, or belts in person, since I'm not all that far away.

Wow excellent job!!!

Mike

Astounding! I'm not a carver, but seeing this kind of work is pushing me to learn. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the definition. I had no idea about all that! Learn something new everyday!

Very nicely done. I am sure that the winning contestants will be proud of them.Bob

I'm curious. Never made a rope can (but have been through a few) What do you charge for something like that...1 order, not 5-6..

pete

Wow that's awesome. What a great prize.

Pete