Hi!

I tried to create a bag that I would be able to finish in one day, not have too expensive material costs but still not be a small bag. This is what I came up with, a canvas and leather bag. This is the first time I have tried to combine canvas and leather but I think they go well together. All critique is welcome :)

/Tommy

post-18780-0-41184400-1381581272_thumb.j

post-18780-0-69560500-1381581281_thumb.j

post-18780-0-02511800-1381581290_thumb.j

WOW...you really did a great job on this...love your design.

Very nice! What finish did you use for the veggie tan?

Yea that is super nice.. How did you do the handle? I like the ends being wider than the strap so it tapers down.. very nice..

Very nice look. The only thing I would of done differently is stitched the straps, but then again you migh of been after that look anyhow it looks really nice. God Bless!

Ralph

The handles are just cut out and edge beveled. Not lined or anything. I agree with you that sewing the handles would look nice Ralph. I actually lined and sewed the handles on the prototype before I did this one. But my goal is to be able to make this bag in one day of work and it just took to long time to line and sew the handles. So I try to keep it as basic as possible.

That is really great! I agree that canvas and leather go well together and I think your bag is a really nice example of that. Well done.

Pete

I like your bagII like your bag, I disagree with needing to stitch the strap I think putting a crease line down the edges of the strap would give it enough finish to make it look complete but can be achieved in a few minutes. You could also stitch it without lining it to get that look.

Nice overall design for a one day project.

that is an excellent bag, I agree with Ralph about sewing the handles, but your design makes perfect sense.

I am guessing your sewing was by hand?

I have been wanting to incorporate some canvas into so projects myself. This looks great. I like the unlined handles, it gives it a good sickle minimalist look. A style that seems to be doing well for sales.