David Fields

HideCrafters

I just spoke with them this past week and the catalog will be a while yet. I was hoping to purchase the 2-Shrews Experience DVD but they don't carry it any longer.

I always had good experiences with them in the past and wish them luck. Their customer service was always good when I dealt with them. I like to have choices for my supplies so the more the better in my opinion.

ArtS

Hello All, I have a comment or two about Hidcrafters myself. I'm like a most of the rest of ya'll and pretty much always got good service and mostly pretty quick too. I don't know what happened with Mr. Hurst and Hidecrafters and it's none of my business either. However it seems to me that if the people/copanies that bought Hidecrafters are serious about opening and selling to get some of their money back. What has it been now, 6mo. or more? They still haven't even really said/announced anything about the store. I get most of my info from you people who are in the Forum, but most of what I hear ya'll say is I heard, I called the store and was told by so and so, or someone in another group said, still more rumor than fact. I know that buying the business and then having to sort through what is there, and then trying to decide what sold, what didn't, what to keep, what new and different stuff to order and keep in stock. Trying to figure out what to buy and how much to keep in stock. I know that all of it takes time, LOL. I just work with leather as a hobby and just sell/barter enough stuff to buy a few tools or some more leather sometimes and it's tough to try and figure out what I'll use first and what I can wait on until later, but it don't take 6 or 7 months. I'm not even going there, that bum em, I ain't gonna ever fool with em again, because if they have something I want or need I'll still order from them. I'm just saying that if they want a business and want all of us to remain customers it looks like they, the new owners, could have enough respect for us, their former and future customers to get things up and running in a timely manner or a least to let us know that they care about us as future buyers of their goods. I'm sure that the new owners know enough people in the various leather guilds, as well as other venues within the industry, that they could issue an official statement to the people like us. The way I see the whole thing is that we, as their future customers, are the people who will either make of break their business when and if they ever do open for business. I do hope that they will soon come around and let us know the real deal, but right now I really don't feel like they give a poot about us at all. I may be wrong, but I don't think that I'm too far off on how I feel about the way that thngs are being done by them. One other thing is I'm really pulling for them to make a go of it, and I don't want anyone to think that I'm bashing them, Hidecrafters, or the new owners, I just feel like we the customers could be treated a little better as to being kept informed about when to call an order in and when to reasonably be able to expect a catalog to come out either on the internet or a hard copy or both. Just the ramblings of an old fart but still my pennies worth, Kindest Regards to All Billy P

I ordered some leather from Hideco, Hidecrafter, or whatever they are calling themselves now. I ordered on Aug 10. That same day I ordered some stuff from Tandy. I received my Tandy order quickly, as always. After 4 emails to the contact info on the "order confirmation email" and 1 email to the contact listed at paypal, I had gotten no response. I contacted paypal directly. Approximately 30 minutes after I contacted paypal, I received two emails (duplicates) from Hideco/Hidecrafter stating my order was cancelled. I'm still waiting on them to refund my $. Anybody else have a similar issue?