KnotHead

Trenza De Doce Bracelet

This one is for my little sister. Kangaroo with stainless steel mag clasp. Figured I'd start my new year with braiding something.

post-1307-0-81023000-1388707236_thumb.jp

Brian...

Neat...is that braided around a flat core of some type? Did you cut the lace yourself?

Edited by TXAG

No core at all. Just a 12 strand round braid flattened out. Yes. I cut all my own string.

Brian...

Brian, That's a beauty, she'll be tickled. Buck

Thanks Buck.

Brian..

I really like these bracelets you make, Brian. It looks great.

Pete

Thanks Peter.

Very nice, as usual, Brian.

These that you make always look so cool.

What kind of glue do you use to attach the leather to the clasp ?

Joel

Thank you all for the very kind and gracious comments.

@GrampaJoel

I use super glue and if I don't have any of that I use Z-Poxy 2 part resin. It's clear and may take a bit longer to dry. But it's solid when it does dry.

Brian...

Thanks brother. Coming from you that means a whole bunch bro.

Very nice, as usual, Brian.

How do you get the sides nice and flat...and with 90-degree corners? I like the looks of it with it being a good rectangular shape...

I use a tandy roller and stick the piece in between two pieces of wood so that the edges are hanging out just as far as the side bights allow. Then c-clamp both sides of the press so as to hold it all in place and then I use my tandy roller to roll the edges square like you see in the photo.

How do you get the sides nice and flat...and with 90-degree corners? I like the looks of it with it being a good rectangular shape...

Brian, Am I correct in assuming that you braid it over a dowel first? Thanks, Buck

No. I don't use a dowel. I just braid it like I would any other braid.

Brian, Am I correct in assuming that you braid it over a dowel first? Thanks, Buck

That's very nice. I'd like my braiding to come out that even. Is that a one piece end or does it come apart. I've been looking for a good place to pick some up. Thanks for posting your work. It gives hope that if given enough time and pratice that one could reach your skill level. Rob

If you're referring to the end clasp, it does come apart. It's a stainless steel interlocking mag clasp. Thank you for the very kind comment also. I buy the clasps at pandahall.com... I know china. But they're the only ones that make them like this and the cost is not as bad as other wholesale places.

Brian...

That's very nice. I'd like my braiding to come out that even. Is that a one piece end or does it come apart. I've been looking for a good place to pick some up. Thanks for posting your work. It gives hope that if given enough time and pratice that one could reach your skill level. Rob