Made of 9oz veg tanned.

As this is my third leather item need some advice. Critique also welcomed.

IMG_4718_zpsee7ba48a.jpg

IMG_4728_zps066e3906.jpg

IMG_4722_zps05e6e5e8.jpg

IMG_4721_zps14610817.jpg

IMG_4720_zps31ab2f93.jpg

IMG_4719_zpsf032dc8e.jpg

All tools for this item

e5f91949-7949-432f-82a8-7dcf7bb1a496_zpsdc65a46f.jpg

Edited by Jarek S4

You did a great job on the molding, the snap may cause you some grief, if the leather softens up you'll have a difficult time snapping it unless the case is full of something solid.

I like the flap to cover the pouch mouth completely to keep rain and other debris out, this one appears to be open on the sides.

The only other thing I would consider changing is the belt loops, something more streamlined .

Is the back two layers?

Over all it looks good.

Thanks, You right about softens problem bit as this is 9oz leather I hope it will be stiff for a long period.

Back is one layher same thickness as front.

OK, now that I look at it again, it appears that the edge was left plain and not dyed.

Nice! I wish my 50th project looked as good as your 3rd.

When you are laying out your tooling pattern, try to avoid having a snap in the middle of it. Isn't always possible, but can improve the appearance a little.

I like the pouch shape, colour, etc. Good job.

Tom

When you are laying out your tooling pattern, try to avoid having a snap in the middle of it. Isn't always possible, but can improve the appearance a little.

I like the pouch shape, colour, etc. Good job.

Tom

Yes, you are wright. This is my fault. I just start with small projects to avoid waisting leather and it is hard to find small pattern.

Thanks

Edited by Jarek S4

whatever... "3rd leather item"! this thing is beautiful! i havent tried molding yet but i doubt mine would look like that on a third try

whatever... "3rd leather item"! this thing is beautiful! i havent tried molding yet but i doubt mine would look like that on a third try

Thanks. I started with molding over my leatherman Wave. It was small but quite easy to do. Then I found some plywood pieces, jigsaw and a sanding machine. One hour and ready. Very important thing: On first try I realized small black dots all around molded leather. Be very carefull with soaked leather and metal tools like carpenters clamps - metal thread throw small mites around when you turn the handle. Put some grease to avoid it.

Very nice, I've done quite a few molding jobs and I think that your job looks as good or better than mine. I like the tooling that you've done also. The dye jobs nice and even. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing. Rob

3rd project? Seriously is extremely nice. For a pouch like that you could use a magnetic clasp instead of a snap.

3rd project? Seriously is extremely nice. For a pouch like that you could use a magnetic clasp instead of a snap.

I was thinking abut magnetic clasp. I think it could be not strong enough. Do't you think so? What diameter will do?