talon

What Do You Do With Your Scrap Leather?

At the moment I glue some of them up, and practice my awl and stitching on them. The rest that are bigger pieces, I will save for later and turn into key fobs and other smaller projects.

key fobs... strap keepers... leather bookmarks.... and kids bracelets

This is a great thread. Aside from the earlier rudeness, it's been a great resource. I bought some good leather that I'd have had to buy a lot more of just to try and made a friend in the process. :)

As for my scraps, I've been making small rounds that I put my stamp on. I need some of those little ball chains to attach them to my sheaths. The customer can toss them or use them for a key chain.

do any of you have scraps of black patent leather? I would like some pieces 7" x 3" or even 4 x 4 pieces would work for me. I don't need but just 3 or 4 pieces this size

What weight do you need? I may have some.

I have been researching micarta and apparently you can use anything porous...even found a few people who made knife handles with it, see pic

I'm going to try it out as soon as I get some resin

If you have a large supply of scrap leather (100+ pounds) our company purchases scrap leather on a regular basis. Please contact 828.264.1427 if you are interested in selling scrap.