BDAZ

Tandy Marking Pen?

I have been using these and they are visible and easy to see, BUT Tandy claims the mark will just rub off. This has not been my experience on the grain side. Anyone have better luck removing the marks?

Thanks!

Bob

post-47325-0-30171200-1400547296_thumb.j

Edited by BDAZ

They don't erase for me either on the grain side. So on a prototype, I have a couple dots that I was using for alignment purposes that show. Not appreciated. Should have proved it on some scrap first!

Tom

Ever get annoyed when trying to make cutting lines or punching marks on finished leathers? Here's your answer. This marking pen leaves a very visible mark on the grain side of finished leathers and then easily rubs off with pressure from your finger when it is no longer needed. Try it today and make your lines easy to find.

How can they get away with that! Totally deceptive advertising!

Cya!

Bob

I too bought one of these just to find out it's a glorified silver gel pen. My wife has dozens, and I've used them with the same success as the Tandy pen.

Try wetting it with isopropyl alcohol and then rub it.

Edited by electrathon

Seems to make a bigger mess...

Thanks anyway!

Bob

I use gel ink pens from the local dollar store, and have no problem if I wipe it off within 1 hr. After that it becomes more difficult to remove, as it dries on hard.I usually wipe it off immediately to save headaches. And for the price of 1 Tandy pen , I can buy 2 30 packs of these cheap pens. Gump,

I use the "uni-ball Impact Stick Bold Point Gel Pens, 12 Silver Ink Pens (60658)" from Amazon - a dozen for $25. Use them all the time. To remove the ink, even days later, you use a wet (not dripping, but more than damp) terrycloth to wipe or lightly rub off the marks. It's a little harder to remove from the grain side, but it does remove. The trick is using enough water in the rag to lift the ink.

Julia

I use a China Graph pencil rubs out with a dry soft cloth hope this helps.

Sorry can't help help with you getting rid of the marks from the Tandy pen.

All the best

JCUK

Ever get annoyed when trying to make cutting lines or punching marks on finished leathers? Here's your answer. This marking pen leaves a very visible mark on the grain side of finished leathers and then easily rubs off with pressure from your finger when it is no longer needed. Try it today and make your lines easy to find.

How can they get away with that! Totally deceptive advertising!

Cya!

Bob

I think the operative words there are "finished leathers". If the leather is sealed and the gel/ink is unable to penetrate, then I can see how it would be easy to wipe off since it is merely sitting on the finished surface,

WS, you are absolutely correct. I totally missed that.

Thanks!

Bob

So unless you work with a lot of chrometan it's pointless then. Hmm, don't think I'll bother!