This belt pouch is a traditional Hungarian clothing accessory, therefore its form, material and general appearance is more or less strictly regulated by centuries-long tradition. I made this pouch without stitching, without lacing, only with my "leather zipper" technique.

21265451_9dc7d838041da0892cfc9a0c625c2c4

21265453_b7e069f54be67b579c2fd4ac36762d3

barehand, here is a tutorial that shows the technique there are a couple others, and I think some threads on these forums regarding the technique. http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?123804-Stitchless-Scandi-Sheath-Mk.1&highlight=stichless

What would you search for to find those threads on here??

TXAG, if you do a search for stitchless, Scandi sheath or Scandanavian sheath youw ill find some more examples fgabez work as well as some sheaths done by other people with the same technique.I think most all hav the same british blades link. Here is another link this one is a little more detailed. http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?125177-Stitchless-Scandi-Sheath-Mk-2 Also a few months back someone posted a flask with cover and had used this technique on the flask cover seam.

Edited by camano ridge

Beautiful work.

That is a cool technique. Do you go back and glue the inside? Or does it not need anything else to be permanent?

NICE WORK! and Thank You for posting those links, I'd lost track of them some time ago - but have them marked now!!!

Very nice! It's always interesting to see examples of the stitchless seams. Thanks!

Thanks All!

Beautiful work.

That is a cool technique. Do you go back and glue the inside? Or does it not need anything else to be permanent?

Yes, I was glued to the inside of the "zipper".

Very creative! I make leather gun belts and have made some camera bags. But that is something I would like to learn to create.

Any way we can get a pattern or name of the style of pouch so I could develop my own pattern and/or even a pic of the back?