Sign in to follow this  
Luke Hatley

Cowboy Book Sachel

leather_shirt_011.jpg A Customer has been wanting me to make him something a little different, and i talked him into a "Cowboy Book Sachael". and he even liked it. the size is app 10 X 11". it's not that large but he is just carrying small booklets and papers.

post-1906-1224555583_thumb.jpg

That looks really good Luke! What weight leather did you use and is it going to have a strap or just the handle?

Luke nice job i like it it, has a nice design, and my coffee is white with two suggars, Don

This is really nice. being a bag lover i totally dig this.

Nice, tough looking job, Cousin, I can recognise its saddlebag 'heritage'.

It is good to see more of your work on the forum!

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR FEED BACK..

Brad B the leather 5-6oz mock tanned cowhide with a very nice texture.

the handle has a pc of 9-10oz veg tan leather sewn between the front and back of the

handel.

I thought about a carrying strap but he said "he did not want a Man Bag"

You beat me to punch about the man bag thing. Knew it would come up somewhere;-)

Like you said this texture is really nice and classy. Hope I get to work with it sometime.

The bag looks absolutely great and everything is neat and in place.

Beautiful buckle too!

Nice and clean job Luke!

:cheers:

Tom

Totally cool. If you had 2 with a way to attach them like traditional saddle bags, that would be great for those days when you just can't get everything in one. Maybe the attaching strap could be wide with a rounded out area in the center. Then you could throw them over your shoulder and have the rounded out are to make it more comfortable on the neck. If the strap was rounded to match the neck.

Wow sorry, I have a tendency to get rolling when something attacks my attention. Great work.

P1010139.JPG

Totally cool. If you had 2 with a way to attach them like traditional saddle bags, that would be great for those days when you just can't get everything in one. Maybe the attaching strap could be wide with a rounded out area in the center. Then you could throw them over your shoulder and have the rounded out are to make it more comfortable on the neck. If the strap was rounded to match the neck.

Wow sorry, I have a tendency to get rolling when something attacks my attention. Great work.

"

"

yes i have made double "Man Bags" before . the yoke that goes over the shoulder is made much narrow, for a confortable fit.

post-1906-1224618493_thumb.jpg

Excellent work! Be sure to copyright that design of yours. I give it two maybe three weeks before you start seeing women's purses with a VERY similar design.....maybe 6 months and it'll be in discount clothing stores. Dang knock off artists...

Edited by TwinOaks

Nice job! I remember when the singer Sammy Kershaw used to carry the double saddle bags over his shoulder everwhere he went.

I really like this a lot. How thick is it?

Really clean lines, Nice and simple, Just what aman needs.

Thanks for posting.

Chris

THANKS CHRIS. THE BAGS ARE APP 3-1/2" IN WIDTH...

THANKS CHRIS. THE BAGS ARE APP 3-1/2" IN WIDTH...
nice ,but can they carry the required colt 45? pete