Singermania

Latest Shipment Of Leather Machines

I don't like it either & sent him a note telling him so.I think it might be somebody from the factory too.But I'll find out if he writes me back.

Looking at his member silhouette, I think I’ve seen him somewhere before....but I can’t place him.....

CD in Oklahoma

post-7979-0-05476900-1410990535_thumb.jp

Thanks guys, I don't mind if people criticize my old machines or really pass any kind of comment at all...including working in something about what they have or might like to market or pass on, its all good feedback and I really only get on here to share my pleasure of these machines. For example a person might say.."well why would I buy one of these old machines when I can get one of these new ones for only $xxxx?" And I'd think that a fair comment and I might like to respond with something in kind.

This might be a bit picky but 'compound feed' does mean it includes a walking foot.

Darren, yes the SD 28 is quite a remarkable machine, looks so simple yet is so well thought of. Yes you could make them in Taiwan, but what about someone having a go at something here in Oz or the US...... there must be some way of manufacturing at reasonable cost. My own pet desire is that we make these clones in our prisons and unemployment departments.... there is no home industry to devastate and it means people can learn skills and earn money, when they get out they would have a small nestegg to bankroll their future.

Just a little reminder to anyone that might have some knowledge of the big Textima to pass it on to me pls.

regards Steve

I don't like it either & sent him a note telling him so.I think it might be somebody from the factory too.But I'll find out if he writes me back.

If you watch the video all the way through, it is from Neel's Saddlery who is the importer for CowBoy machines. It gives all of Neel's contact information.

Art

Steve, your Textima seems to the model 223. I´d either contact CL-Maschinenbau as they took over the Claes manufacturing of their patcher machine

http://www.cl-maschinenbau.com/leistungen/claes_kl_8346.php?lang=en

Or there is a VERITAS Lounge:

http://home.arcor.de/veritasklub/main.htm

Website is a bit nuts but you never now.

They are researching the old Veritas (former Singer) plant in Wittenberge, Germany but I´m not registered there.

Maybe a source for a manual:

http://home.arcor.de/veritasklub/servicecenter_ersatzteile/seite_biefel.htm

thanks very much, I'll head over and take a look, does the Textima have a good reputation in your view?

Textima, Claes and Veritas are a former German Democratic Republic (East Germany) brands and I honestly know nothing about the quality but I think it is very good!

Spare parts could be a real problem on the long run. I never heard of Textima industrial sewing machine spare parts. Maybe one or another sewing machine dealer in the era of the former GDR has some old stock.

Steve,

Textima built the Claes shoepatcher machines for a number of years. German company. Your Textima looks a lot like a "Bull" made on a 205-64 Adler head. I would try getting a parts list for that model to see if they look a like. send us more pics of the head from various angles so I can see how close to a Bull it is.

glenn

HI guys that great information, there aren't a lot of different base machines out there of this size so I was wondering if it internally might be an Adler.....

Regards Steve

A lot of 205 look to that machine.

Suspect it is an East German copy.

HI all, I've been really lucky in that I had work whilst building the collection, and then after a little while it was self supporting. I'm retired apart from the machines and they provide me with some pocket money when I sell excess machines or parts.

I've attached a photo of the Singer 132B2B, the Juki DU-580 and the Claes Textima. As the Textima is German? I wondered whether you might be the best person to tell me something about it.... I've only turned the wheel by hand so far and can see the needle feed in action, however I didn't notice the foot lifting or releasing pressure as the feed went thru... would you know whether there is any action in the foot section in this machine?.... I'll get to it eventually but would be nice to hear from someone that knows.

I don´t think the GDR imported sewing machines from West Germany to re-sell them under their own brand name - doesn`t make sense.

If it were the other way around then I´d say it is possible.

ok thanks guys, Folker that's a nice array of 45K parts you have there. I dont' need them myself however a lot of people run these machines and now that you have put them on the site they will appear in google searches and you might have some luck selling them. Also ebay is good for this, people will order small parts like these from overseas.

Elly and I have been away a few days delivering some machines and collecting others. Of interest I was thrilled to buy a BUSMC A1, these are an excellent machine for decorative work on skirts and boots etc, this one came from a really nice chap not that far from home, he's a retired saddler and let me also have a Pearson no 6. The A1 is on the original stand with the original bobbin winder, I haven't taken a photo of it yet but will attach the catalogue drawing for anyone not sure what the machine might be.

Also in the 'big thrill' department I got an original Singer 45K cylinder arm manual, I have the standard 45K manual saved and can print it but have never been able to locate the real thing until now. It took years to get the Singer 132K6 manual and now I have this one too.

For those that have asked me for a copy of the 132K6 workshop manual, I do have it but its copyrighted....

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.,,, regards Steve

post-19343-0-43482400-1412381592_thumb.j

If I wasn't afraid of sharks I'd swim across the Pacific just to see your fine collection. Love that old iron, I have a No 6 myself. Its great of you to share.

Leo.

HI All, well if you like the Pearson I've got some other photos for you from my shed, there is also the A1 and No 2 amongst them. I'll also try to attach the Singer 132K6 manual and the Singer 45K flatbed manual....

Singer-Class-132K-Sewing-Machines-Instructions.pdf

more pics.....

and the flatbed Singer 45K manual.... if the manuals aren't readable let me know and I'll try to send them another way.

Regards Steve

post-19343-0-20652600-1412575054_thumb.j

post-19343-0-61502000-1412575108_thumb.j

post-19343-0-56709400-1412575162_thumb.j

45K operator manual.pdf

Okay, I had these manuals already, I though you have something "new" or different. But thanks anyway.

Very very impressive collection! :spoton:

Ok stop trying to corner the market on the leather sewing machines . Man I'm jealous nah just envious very nice collection wish I had a couple of them a Pearson , junker& rue , 7 class singer or Adler , from the small to the Hugh . Big flywheels to watch spin and carry the power thru the hole operation neat . We need some manufacturing to remake these just like them its time I think . God bless you in your search for all the remaining machines someone needs to save them , Gary

HI Folker and Gary, am trying to have one of each of the heavy saddlery and harness machines. I also have a few of the old thumpers, however Singer made so many 7 class its almost beyond anyones ability to have one of each. I've attached a photo of some Singer 6 class, 7 class and a couple Adler 20 class. In the foreground there is also a Singer 47K1 and a long arm Singer darner.

The manuals are just the standard type, the 45K manual just in is the cylinder arm version though, but I dont' have the ability to scan it in anymore.

Regards Steve

post-19343-0-47552200-1412635181_thumb.j

I have old Bradbury patcher that I"ve pulled out of mothballs and am looking at cleaning for display, I notice in the US there is one on ebay for $5000, isn't that kinda high??? What do you think a Bradbury would normally be worth there?

Works of art need I say more!!! Wish there was a way film them all running to see how they work , to hear the thumping and all the other suttle sounds they make , some are just neat to watch . Gary

Steve,

A Bradbury is never worth anything close to that, even restored. I would say that machine is worth a max of maximum of $1,500.00 it nit's present state. I have bought

them unrestored for as little as $100.00 There are no parts. Bobbins and shuttles are like "hens teeth", they don't exist.

glenn

HI Glenn, yes that's what I thought, its probably worth about $1200 here as that's the going price for a running good condition machine. Regards Steve

If you can make a detailed drawing with all sizes and even good pictures a machinist could make some parts . If cad can available could run them on a cnc and make a batch of say a hundred shouldn't be as exspensive as you might think. Gary

I am saving up for a small lathe so I can make the bobbins. Have not looked closely at the bobbin case but think the 29k version could be ground into submission.

Steve,

A Bradbury is never worth anything close to that, even restored. I would say that machine is worth a max of maximum of $1,500.00 it nit's present state. I have bought

them unrestored for as little as $100.00 There are no parts. Bobbins and shuttles are like "hens teeth", they don't exist.

glenn

HI Darren, yep that'd be great, I've seen the small ones on ebay for around $500. Nice to see someone make something on home soil rather than send to China.