RavenAus

Wip Cosplay Derringer Holster

Ok, so living in a country with tight gun control laws means I don't really do holsters. This is the first one I've done to suit anything that didn't fire Nerf foam bullets! As it was the prototype I just riveted the thing together, the actual holster will be sewn, but it's the first one I've drawn a pattern for so I didn't want to waste the time on stitching if it wasn't going to fit! Wish I had sewn it now as the pattern worked perfectly.

The gun is a toy derringer and will be part of my customers Steampunk costume. For the customers model I'll move the stitching line in a little to account for the rivet size, the actual size with the riveted seam is just about perfect, the gun slips in with a little 'click' when it goes home.

No dye as yet and the holster is still damp.

Critique please :)

post-32405-0-63704900-1419997443_thumb.j

post-32405-0-97117000-1419997445_thumb.j

post-32405-0-63739200-1419997447_thumb.j

I second that

Chris

It is formed for that gun very nicely. I would have smoothed up the rough side of the leather and the edges with some kind of finish or Gum Tragacanth and a piece of Plexiglas. Other than that it looks great and is molded to the gun very well. Looks good.

Well, showed the customer and he loved it just as is, as the rivets go with his outfit lol, so I've dyed it, polished the flesh side where it shows, burnished the edges and will see how it looks in the morning when dried. I drew the pattern based on what I remembered from the Al Stohlman book - it's on pdf on my main pc but not on the laptop in the workshop - but I'm really pleased it turned out so well.

Well, showed the customer and he loved it just as is, as the rivets go with his outfit lol, so I've dyed it, polished the flesh side where it shows, burnished the edges and will see how it looks in the morning when dried. I drew the pattern based on what I remembered from the Al Stohlman book - it's on pdf on my main pc but not on the laptop in the workshop - but I'm really pleased it turned out so well.

I was gonna say those rivets should have been tailor made for SteamPunk - nice work!

The rivets look great!

Nicely done.

I'll third the rivets being more steampunk.