Phillip Patton

Tell Me If I Should Get This Machine, Please.

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this machine I found locally. It's a Scotsew HB 206. From the name, I would guess it's a Consew 206 clone, but I'm no expert. If someone could confirm that it is or isn't I would be grateful.

I've searched the forums and google, but haven't found any information yet.

I'm looking for a machine that will sew up to at least 1/4" veg tan leather without marking it up.

Thanks in advance,

Phillip

Edited by Phillip Patton

Yes,I would say it is a Consew 206 clone,it probably has the old style reverse that you push the handle up for reverse.

Yes,I would say it is a Consew 206 clone,it probably has the old style reverse that you push the handle up for reverse.

I just talked to the seller, and he said it was actually made by Consew, but relabeled and sold by someone else.

I just talked to the seller, and he said it was actually made by Consew, but relabeled and sold by someone else.

sounds fishy...got a photo?

I have a consew 206, and it easily sews 1/4" of leather, and mine will sew just shy of 3/8"

sounds fishy...got a photo?

Well, the one I was interested in was already taken, but they hadn't removed it from their website. :mad:

But here's an expired ebay listing for another one, though the picture is terrible: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scotsew-HB-206-Industrial-Sewing-Machine-/221647945548?nma=true&si=dMZWijmaqA7vYiZKUHhDXVacIRA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Scotsew is Hoffman Bros. Sewing house brand along with their Eagle brand, this is a Taiwanese copy of the 206RB and the quality is good.