Ford. Owned them all.

I have a 1972 Ford F-250 camper special, it originally had a 360 co engine and a two barrel carb, when I got it was all original but needed some serious love, I ended up building it up with a rebuild we blocked, decked, inline bore and bored the cylinders .030 over, put in high comp Pistons, rings, rods and bearings, camshaft, crankshaft, making it into a 390ci bored .030 over, put an edlebrock manifold and 4 barrel carb. Headers, duel exhaust, and an electronic gizmo into the distributor so we wouldn't have to change the points anymore, replaced the heads with hardened exhaust seats, new valves and rods, lifters and springs, plus a new larger clutch. Now it is a monster but I need to get the brakes fixed, the adjusters fried and so I have to manually adjust them, bought a kit for that and will have it installed soon, lots of torque and power, low geared for towing, want to do more to it but it costs money and a lot of it. My love for Leathercraft is much stronger and a super cobra 4-25 leather sewing machine will come first along with tool upgrades.

Ford

But i like my JK even though its a POS Chrysler, just got to junk more stock psrts

3 Fords, 3 failed transmissions requiring complete rebuilds. 1 tranny took 3 rebuilds before I could drive 100 miles without problems. All the reusable parts tolerances all added up in the same direction, so they had to replace all hard parts.

Multiple GM versions of cars, no transmission problems.

Tom

Must have been 90s models with that POS E4OD

C6 and no prob

post-67312-0-46102200-1451157096_thumb.j

Ford

But i like my JK even though its a POS Chrysler, just got to junk more stock psrts

Must have been 90s models with that POS E4OD

C6 and no prob

73 Mercury maquis with C6 was the worst, with 3 attempts before they got it fixed.

Tom

The debate in Australia is pretty much the same but it is (General Motors) Holden v Ford.

Both build great cars - The Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon - but being minor outposts of Global empires they are about to shut up shop.

You guys saw the Commodore as the Pontiac G6 & G8 then it was rebranded as the Chevy SS. The Comaro was designed in Australia and is just a two door body on the Commodore platform.

Aussies like cars that go fast and can also stop and go around corners.

My fav is 1994 Buick century wagon, it is 2.2 engine with 373000 miles and still putting out 26-28 mpg. 2 head gaskets and rebuilt the tranny at 250, 000.

y work car for many years was a Mitsubishi Magna wagon - not sure if there is an equivalent US model as it was designed here. 420,000km (260,000 Miles) and hardly ever spent any money on the thing.

3.5l V6 front wheel drive that spent most of those miles carting a trailer. Between car and trailer it usually had a ton (literally) of machines, parts, gazebo and all the gear needed to set up and live in site for two to three days at various events.

It broke down once on the road when the belt that drives the alternator let go. Paid for the tow and repair with an ABLE290.

The poor thing died a valiant death when a rear wheel bearing collapsed while going uphill at 40km/h on a wet windy road.With some incredibly skilled driving - in reality more luck than anyone deserves - I avoided the 30 foot drop off the left hand side of the road, turned 180 degrees, took out 5 or 6 trees and finished up upside down. Getting out was not easy as I had to kick out the passenger side window but my friend and I got out and walked away.

To me vehicles are just another tool but the Magna kept me alive in an accident that I should not have walked away from. For that alone she was the best possible vehicle I could ever have.

For me it is Football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars. That is Aussie speak for

I am a GM man. Had a couple of Fords, both lemons. Every Holden I

have had you could not kill with an axe. Have a Mitsubishi Triton Ute now. Utes are kind of like a pick up.