8 oz HO. Dip dyed in Fiebings saddle tan cut about 50% with alcohol then rubbed down wih medium brown antique and topped with 50/50 M&G/water.

post-19070-0-89117500-1428083303_thumb.jpost-19070-0-48369800-1428083318_thumb.jpost-19070-0-81629200-1428083417_thumb.j

I'd joke with you Josh because you made it wrong handed (as opposed to right handed) but that would be the only thing I found that would make me not want it.

Looks really good, . . . but then again, . . . 1911's and saddle tan are a couple of my favorites anyway.

You certainly have much more patience than I do, . . . that tooling is about 3 times my attention span, . . . and it looks really good to me.

May God bless,

Dwight

Good looking holster Josh.

Very nice. Innovative stitching also. Gotta keep that in mind.

Josh you are a true artist. Diddo on the stitching too. Thank you for posting

Looks awesome! I'm a little biased as that's my EDC platform... there's just something about a 1911 in a leather holster that I can't get away from.

Thanks folks! I like that stitch pattern too but I can't take credit for it. I think I lifted the idea from Colthammerless or maybe it was BHPshooter. I imagine there are lots of folks out there that do it, it does work out pretty well.

Have a great day, Josh

Mr. Stohlman would be glad to see people still using those old designs. I've seen it done a number of ways, but you've made that design look good AGAIN.

Thanks JLS! I really appreciate that! I had to tweak it a little to fit a pancake style holster instead of the clamshell shown in his book but it sure made for a good starting place. That border is now one of my favorites, it has a retro look, almost like it's from the 50's. Go figure :cowboy:.

IMO if anybody doesn't have Stohlman's book on making holsters it really is a fine investment. It doesn't matter if you're not looking to build his exact patterns there is still a lot you can learn from them.

All the best, Josh