catskin

Clicker Dies

I've been looking but as yet have not found any information on where I can buy small dies for cutting leather conchos like the ones used on saddles that the laces go through. If anyone knows where they can be gotten or has used ones for sale please let me know.

I've been looking but as yet have not found any information on where I can buy small dies for cutting leather conchos like the ones used on saddles that the laces go through. If anyone knows where they can be gotten or has used ones for sale please let me know.

http://www.texascustomdies.com/products.php have them. If somebody have other suppliers of dies, please post them here. I am especially looking for a North European or Scandinavian suppliers of clicker dies.

I am based in Oslo, Norway.

Thanks

Tor

the leather conches (rosettes) I use on my samples are cut using an Osborne rosette cutter I got at springfield leather. I cut the handle off so I could use it with

my press but you can use it as a hammer punch. They have various sizes. Here's a link: http://springfieldleather.com/16627/Cutter%2CRosette%2C-2%22/

I just looked at the Weaver retail prices on dies, they sure know how to make a buck. If I have been based in the USA I could have made an account with them. Before a minimum purchase of 500 $ a year was required, I do not know if its still like that. They have allot of nice stuff, thats for sure.

Tor

http://www.texascustomdies.com/products.php have them. If somebody have other suppliers of dies, please post them here. I am especially looking for a North European or Scandinavian suppliers of clicker dies.

I am based in Oslo, Norway.

Thanks

Tor

I have not bought from them (still looking for a nice vintage clicker) but I once found this Ebay seller who offers custom dies for 35€ per "meter".

I have not bought from them (still looking for a nice vintage clicker) but I once found this Ebay seller who offers custom dies for 35€ per "meter".

Test the waters for us please, Constabulary.

I saw that add, as I'm used to going through ebay.de - I've sometimes come across some nice, handy mallet dies on eBay.de.

Now I'm looking to have some regular dies made, once I find a good, reliable and hopefully fairly priced maker of dies.

I think I'll buy a Lucris III clicker

Well - no Clicker - no dies. ;)

I was also thinking about the Lucris III but thats still too much money for the few item I would click.

Constabulary have you looked at Texas Dies clickers. Thy make out of those things, can't think of it right off hand that Harbor Freight sells for people to make their own clickers. However these already have the clicker plates on them and sell for 400+ and 600+. I'm getting one. Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl. I have seen a bunch of shop press solutions on LW.net and this of course is not a bad idea but I´m absolutely in no hurry and I really prefer vitage machinery. I do not make serious money with my hobby and there are still some other things on my "like to have list" ;)

Constabulary,

Strange that everything with the first name "Press" has 000$ as their family name. Even small 1/2 ton arbor presses cost allot. I found my good old German Sandt clicker press for the pick up price (free). Even thought I live in a very small country; (only five mill citizens) with even fewer saddler's. You should be able to find some old iron in your country. I wonder where they all went, perhaps they where all melted down to war material during ww2. They are not easy to miss and they are built to last; strange it is so hard to find a vintage press these days..

This is my vintage German Sandt, some Hamerite and rewiring the motor to single phase was all I had to do with it. I had it for some time now and it always do its job just fine.

Tor

post-10237-0-00325500-1429049613_thumb.j

in the US look for machinery brokers and tell them you are willing to take a very old model and will even sign a liability waiver... most just scrap them. Why you ask... well the older machines have no osha required safety switches or similar devices.

just a thought

I cannot understand the concern about this, they sell you machines without belt guards. Strap cutters without safety switches, no eye protection on any machine. No finger guards on sewing machines, sewing machine motors that runs several minutes after you turn off the main switch. They even sell you a Russian atomic submarine without any liability waiver. But the clicker press..... no that one I do not dare to sell you :) Perhaps they are scared your fingers get stuck and you cannot pay them? :)

Edited by Trox

Constabulary,

Strange that everything with the first name "Press" has 000$ as their family name. Even small 1/2 ton arbor presses cost allot. I found my good old German Sandt clicker press for the pick up price (free). Even thought I live in a very small country; (only five mill citizens) with even fewer saddler's. You should be able to find some old iron in your country. I wonder where they all went, perhaps they where all melted down to war material during ww2. They are not easy to miss and they are built to last; strange it is so hard to find a vintage press these days..

This is my vintage German Sandt, some Hamerite and rewiring the motor to single phase was all I had to do with it. I had it for some time now and it always do its job just fine.

Tor

Now THAT is a really nice vintage clicker!!! Since it is German I want it back - NOW. I guess my grandfather forgot this one in Norway in 1945 :rofl: (no he was not in Norway, he was a baker and has not served).

But you are probably right a lot of machinery was melted down or got destroyed by allied air raids.

Just found this one on Ebay http://www.ebay.de/itm/330747166650 maybe you can "convert" it but w/o out seeing it live I would not buy it.

I also have my eyes on something vintage but have to generate some play money but I´m not in a hurry...

Edited by Constabulary

I get my dies made by: http://economydiemakers.com/.

Zlatko is great to work with and his pricing is very reasonable.

Edited by Sonydaze