mathijs050

Amazing Python Watch Strap, Help Needed

Hi all,

I saw these amazing python watch straps and I wanted to know how to make them, I've included multiple pictures so you maybe can see how it's done:

jldfhbqkeux.jpg

le4b6ovpye0.jpg

snuvvxnoviz.jpg

k1rpfijt7g5.jpg

Thanks in advance

Just glue your desired color combos together, skive ends, cut down to desired width and stitch any pattern you like

Just glue your desired color combos together, skive ends, cut down to desired width and stitch any pattern you like

but it looks like multiple layers of leather in combination with python. And how is the finishing of the edges called?

I think DS-Straps is right. Of course each colour is a different layer. Only the top is made out of Python. It seems like the edges aren't finished at all. If you cut the layers with a sharp knife it looks like that.

I don't think those edges are finished either. Just cut flushhhhh

It looks like how Chinese 'Genuine Leather' (big topic on here) is made. First the filler is cut the actual length o the edges of before the leather flips over the other side. Then the one edge of the python is evened up with it and hangs off longer to wrap around. The back is evened up of the other end, then wrapped around the python. At this point the python is wrapped around the edge onto the back. It looks difficult but it really isn't once you wrap your head around it. Good luck. Cheryl

but it looks like multiple layers of leather in combination with python. And how is the finishing of the edges called?

It depends on the thickness you desire, that would be the reason for multiple layers, since python is a thin leather. the edges aren't finished just cut clean, it adds for color contrast to the strap....3 layers of color, just have fun with it

ok, got it! thanks for all the help guys! Will upload some pics once I got the leather delivered and made some straps with it.

Mat, these watch bands intrigued me so I made my dog a collar using the same technique. It's not as good as the examples you showed because for one I couldn't cut the ends flush and have it flip. I needed he extra weight. Don't know how well it will hold up but very proud of it right now, looks great on my dog.

post-27490-0-31043500-1437494266_thumb.j

post-27490-0-90414900-1437494267_thumb.j

post-27490-0-50207400-1437494269_thumb.j

post-27490-0-97191900-1437494270_thumb.j

This dog collar is interesting, sure enough ! Nice work Cheryl !

Thanks Bill, I just made it like the watch straps. I really like that technique. Cheryl