carr52

Pirate Skull Seat

Heres what I have so far. I left the cheek bones kinda big so he'd look like the clock were I got the idea. The eyes on the clock are solid black so I put some flames in there instead. It needs some kind of background or something. I'm thinking of putting the local cycle shop name on it. M&M Cycles. They said I could put it in thier shop. Still have to do alittle detailing on the skull.

Tom

IMG_0055.JPGIMG_0056.JPGIMG_0057.JPG

post-6291-1227900053_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1227900098_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1227900147_thumb.jpg

Very cool. Looks like it is coming along nicely. Not sure what you would want to dress it up with. However nice that you got a shop to post your work for ya. Maybe you will get some good sales doing that. Make sure there is a business card to stash near it or to go with it.

Wow, nice! I really like it. If I were going to put backgrounding anywhere, I think I'd do inside the mouth and behind the flames of the eyes; it'll give them depth. Can't wait to see it all finished!

Wow, nice! I really like it. If I were going to put backgrounding anywhere, I think I'd do inside the mouth and behind the flames of the eyes; it'll give them depth. Can't wait to see it all finished!

Good job! Just a thought on background... How about using the same backgrounder (that you use inside of mouth, nose, and eyes) for about an inch around the outer part of the entire design, and feather it out (deepest close to the design, and less as you move out) to nothing at the outer extent? You can probably do the same thing around the name of the shop when you add it in. I might even lift the areas around the eye sockets to make them stand out and look closest to you? Maybe lift the tail of the wrap where it crosses over itself and the skull? Lifting the eye sockets may not stay over time, but I might try it to get that "hollow" look....CD

Very nice work Tom,

I remember when you started developing that skull design, and sharing your pics here. It really turned out well. The flames are a great addition also. may i ask what oz. leather you used? hope to see more as it progresses.

ken

ahhhhhhhh! nice job! for background add a spider web theme in the background and can add whatever you want for that,makes a great filler,when you need something!

Wow, looks so good and so simple at the same time.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Heye ,thanks for all the imput and compliments they mean alot to me. But I cant take all the credit. It was with "alot" of help from from you guys that the peice has even gotten this far. As for the leather it is a heavy 4oz. I gotta go to the motorcycle shop and see if its ok to change their logo alittle,just need to bend it alittle to make it fit. Thanks again everyone. Now I need to break out the pencil and paper.

Tom

I knew that looked familiar! Although when I saw the carving at Tandy, I don't believe it had the flames in the eyes and nose yet.

Great work Tom! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks David. Right now I'm in the middle of a belt I gotta make for a lady at Food Lion so it might be awhile before it's done. Just finished another holster and I think it turned out pretty good except for the stitching.

Tom

Good looking work Tom and good suggestions from everyone. I did a seat cover a few years ago with a similar type design. I put the wording the guy wanted in a big curving banner with the appropriate ragged edges etc. He really liked it. You might do something big and bold like that to make up some background.