DonorLeather

Messengers Bag/laptop Bag, Clutch And A Pencil Pouch

Here are a few things I have created recently. There is a Hair on Laptop/messengers bag, with zippered front panel that allows access to internal pockets mounted to the front inner wall, and storage for briefs and papers built into the zippered front panel, the lid also has a hidden panel with glove snaps for additional storage of briefs and papers, there is an internal pocket for a laptop (17" laptops fit awesome in this) and a rear storage pocket for books, or notebooks, with a final pocket on the rear wall to allow additional papers or briefs to be stored. LOTS AND LOTS of room in this bag. The hair on cow hide is in purple and black, and the sides are made of laminated pieces of veg tanned that have been dyed to match the colors of the hair on hide. I laced the sides with premium calfskin lace and did it in an Australian double loop stitch.

The pencil bag is made out of the selvage of the hair on hide, and is a wide mouth design.

The clutch is likewise made out of the selvage from the same hide and pairs very nicely.

post-56565-0-33667000-1447511062_thumb.j

post-56565-0-41974100-1447511067_thumb.j

Very Nice!!!!

Nice Ensemble! Nice and clean lacing (how on earth do you draw a guideline on hair-on?)!

My hands ache looking at all that lacing. Nice job

love those great idea for the on hair hides!!!

Thanks guys =) To get a guide line to follow for hole marking and punching on hair on, I use a low tack painters tape. Then I use a compass with a pencil to get my guide line, and roll my stitching marker up the guide line. Punch the holes then remove the tape, even though its low tack you should still pull it in the direction the hair normally lays. This works on suede and soft garment leathers also if you cant get a stitching line impression to take.

Thank you for the info!

That is some hardwork there! Congrats on the great piece!