Kiltzman

Quick Draw Knife Sheath Pattern

Hi does anyone have a pattern for one?

what does one look like?

https://youtu.be/WOpeWQ-UEW4

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=27983&hl=%2Bquick+%2Bdraw+%2Bknife

This should give you the basic idea tboyce

Edited by glockanator

Thanks

There are so many different makes and models of clasp knives that it would be tough to come up with a pattern unless I knew the measurements

I'm pretty sure they are typically for a Buck model 110 or Old Henry. I'd love a pattern as well.

I'm pretty sure they are typically for a Buck model 110 or Old Henry. I'd love a pattern as well.

This video may explain it a bit better. There's one thing that could be improved. All sheaths of this kind have the cutting edge run over the rivet/stud/bolt, whatever is there... If that would be done with a chicago screw and a plastic or leather washer in between it wouldn't dull the knife so fast.

Here's another thread on the forum http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=42781

If its a pancake style holster they are all similar just vary in where the stitching falls

On 12/14/2015 at 10:37 PM, glockanator said:

Hey cool, that's my post and sheath LOL  I'm not sure how to scan it and save it as a pdf so that it comes out accurately.

Chris

Here's my pattern that I used to make the one in the post that was linked above. When I made mine I used two layers of 4-6 oz leather so I had a finished surface on the inside and out. Where the two rivets go I cut small pieces of delrin tubing so the blade didn't ride against the metal rivets. It'll keep your blade sharp much longer. For the belt strap again it's two layers of 4-6 oz and it's cut long enough that when it wraps around the sheath there is a bit of gap, and it's only stitched at the ends, that way you can where it anywhere on your belt and have it facing either direction.

Hope this helps. I did a test print to make sure that the pdf came out to the right size when printed.

Chris

www.builderofstuff.com

quick draw sheath.pdf

I'd love to see pictures of any sheaths made from my pattern.

Chris

Builderofstuff.com