Kash

Leather Hole Punch Giveaway

Thank you Thor! obviously they aren't for the screw in pliers, stupid of me to think they where. You would not be able to position the tube correctly with out shimming it in. I would have to buy that special revolving plier to fit them. Guess I have to stock up on some new oval hand held small punches. I am a bit skeptical to the new Blanchard ones, I bought a new one that was to soft. perhaps it was just that one punch who was bad tempered. Dixon stopped trading and I have not tried the new Osborne punches (only old stock who are good) It's really difficult to find really good punches today. And small sizes are always more delicate.

Thanks for the links, I will check them out properly later. Back to work.

Tor

Thank you Thor! obviously they aren't for the screw in pliers, stupid of me to think they where. You would not be able to position the tube correctly with out shimming it in. I would have to buy that special revolving plier to fit them. Guess I have to stock up on some new oval hand held small punches. I am a bit skeptical to the new Blanchard ones, I bought a new one that was to soft. perhaps it was just that one punch who was bad tempered. Dixon stopped trading and I have not tried the new Osborne punches (only old stock who are good) It's really difficult to find really good punches today. And small sizes are always more delicate.

Thanks for the links, I will check them out properly later. Back to work.

Tor

I have some new Cs Osborne punches, and they are better than Tandy punches. However, they aren't holding up as well as the older punches.

Thank you Colt, Tandy would not be a reference I would know about. I do not expect them to be as good as old stock, but to be of tempered tool steel and not bend. You are talking about their oval puches?

Thanks

Tor

I had a chance to actually use the hole punch this weekend. Here was my experience.

I made 30 GPS cattle tracking collars. On the collar, I sewed a leather pouch to hold a polycarbonate box which houses the GPS. I needed to punch holes in the flap to accept a chicago screw. I didn't punch the holes before I sewed the pouch up, so I was having a tough time punching the holes with my maul and drive punch. Then I remembered, Hey, I have that rotary hole punch. I wont have to put in a piece of wood as a backer or nothing. Just mark the holes, and punch. Well, that hole punch worked like butter for about 12 holes. Then, it wouldn't cut all around the holes, and I would have to rotate the pliers. After about 16 holes, the punch was punching through no more. So- the verdict. The plier part of the punch works great. Required no effort to punch the holes, but the bad news is that the punch inserts just didn't hold up to use. I wish I could get harder punches for this tool. I used those old CS Osborne style rotary punches for years when we showing horses to punch holes in bridles, saddles, and etc, and they were hard to squeeze and punch. Plus that spring steel would bite the meat of your hand and give you a nice blood blister. I think the nature of the beast is that these rotary punches are just not the way to go.

Tracking collars

20160212_164026_zpslzuqkatk.jpg

Pouches

20160213_192551_zpsnvvabwqh.jpg

20160213_192600_zpsnmyibm4z.jpg

Edited by Colt W Knight

On January 11, 2016 at 2:16 AM, Kash said:

Hi everybody!

My name is Kash and I just started manufacturing high quality leather hole punches. These hole punches are amazing! They are beautifully crafted and super heavy duty. I am going to start selling them on Amazon and I would like to offer 10 of them for free on this forum, in exchange for your honest review on Amazon.

There is absolutely no catch or money needed. If you are interested in getting my leather hole punch for free for leaving an unbiased amazon review, please leave your email below or private message me. I will provide you with a 100% off amazon coupon code that you can use. Everything is handled through Amazon, so you know this is legit.

I am a small business and honestly need reviews to spread the word about how great this leather hole punch. The best way to do this is to let people that are passionate about leather crafts to try it out. The only thing that Amazon might charge you for is shipping, so it's preferable that you are an amazon prime member that way you get free shipping.

If you have any questions please let me know! I only have 10 of these to give away for free so serious inquiries please. Thanks again!

Do. You have a # I can call you. My. Is 7879093357