snubbyfan

Video: Blue Jean Holster, Sold In One Day

Turned out nice! And if you sold it that fast, maybe it was worth more than $65? I think you spent more time, money and skill on it than $65, but thats just my opinion. Congrats on the fast sale!

YinTx

Very nice work! Definitely worth more the $65 in my opinion. Love seeing your projects as they are always very well done.

One question, how do you do the molding over the stamping without smooshing out the pattern?

Great job!

The price is what the market'll bear. I've done some research and that's about average price.

Most people don't realize how much work goes into a custom holster.

Very nice work! Definitely worth more the $65 in my opinion. Love seeing your projects as they are always very well done.

One question, how do you do the molding over the stamping without smooshing out the pattern?

Great job!

I like the blue a lot. My only critique is all of my jeans have yellow thread, I think that is pretty common.

Then my Levi's must have faded thread. The thread I used on the holster closely matched the thread on my jeans.

The price is what the market'll bear. I've done some research and that's about average price.

Most people don't realize how much work goes into a custom holster.

I've been getting $75 a piece for my IWB or OWB holsters with no shortage of work. Could be the market's a bit more inflated here I guess. Shoulder holsters are going for $175 although I don't make many of them which is a good thing for me, I don't particularly enjoy making them. Honestly though holsters are a small piece of my leatherwork. I'm with YinTx, I think you could have gotten more for it but if you're happy with it that's really the only thing that matters.

Stu

Nice holster and a good price. You do nice work.

Any chance for a quick video on burnishing the edges. You have the look I'm after!

No worries if you're too busy making stuff to sell ;-)

Edited by blackcoffee

Any chance for a quick video on burnishing the edges. You have the look I'm after!

No worries if you're too busy making stuff to sell ;-)

How I do my edges.

Holster making series.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQtTNBOy6Ky_WUyBjUWkpaqYlmzAc7O_u

I am on a few gun forums in the area. There are a few members who appreciate a very nice handmade holster; however the others want a price of Aliengear.

Very nice looking holster, Snubbyfan.

Hey Snubby, that is a good video. I subscribed too.

Nice holster and a good price. You do nice work.

Thanks Rohn, I seem to think the same thing when I see you stuff.

I am on a few gun forums in the area. There are a few members who appreciate a very nice handmade holster; however the others want a price of Aliengear.

Very nice looking holster, Snubbyfan.

Thanks Red, I've found the same thing to be true.

Hey Snubby, that is a good video. I subscribed too.

Welcome aboard, I might actually finish the long term holster project.

So, really, I didn't mean to ignite a debate, I just basically meant to say your work is really nice, and was well worth the asking price, and that it was in my eyes worth more due to the quality of your craftsmanship. Bottom line, if the buyer and the seller are happy, then its a sale! And I enjoyed watching your 10 part video series, and thanks for the tip on using an antler to get to those hard to reach places, I've got to find me one that will do the trick for me as well now!

Keep up the nice work,

YinTx

Thanks for posting Snubby. Pretty much watched all of your videos today, Thanks for sharing because it has given me some insight into some things I need to make my work better. Thanks again

It's certainly different (first blue one I've seen). Nice work. As for the price, very few people would appreciate the work that goes into something like this. Anything hand-made is the same, if you try to charge what it actually cost (particularly the labour cost) most wouldn't pay it.