dfrensdorff

Can Poundo Board Be Found In Larger Than 12"x24"?

Looking for poundo board larger than 12"x24" ..... I've seen vids and photos of guys with their bench top covered in poundo, or what looks like poundo.......and maybe theirs is 12"x24" pieced together.......or all together something other than poundo.......thanks for any and all help and advice.......Don

Your local shoe/boot repair shop might be willing to sell you some of their soling material. It comes in a number of different thicknesses. Probably more expensive than poundo board, but does come in larger size.

Look around for someone that sells conveyor belt. It's sold by the foot in various widths. They can pull it off a giant roll and cut whatever length you want. Often, you can pick thru their remnants and get some for cheap!

I have used a hard, rubber semi truck/trailer mud flap. You can find them with a flat surface at most large truck stops or semi trailer parts departments. If I remember correctly they run from about 36"X24"'

jr

Edited by JREESER1

In another thread i think it was determined that poundo was die cutting mat. Can't find it now.

I did however find a tip on another site for disposable, cheap mini-poundo discs:

Hockey Pucks.

I went to a plastic supplier I found in the yellow pages, . . . took a sample of what I wanted.

He took me back into his warehouse, . . . I brought out a piece, . . . 30 by 48, . . . 1/4 inch thick, . . . it is on my old work desk as we speak, . . . I think it cost me $40 or so.

AND, . . . if you have a TSC or Rural King close, . . . ask them about bed liners for pickup trucks. If I were doing a 4 x 8 table or something near that size, . . . I'd seriously consider one of them.

May God bless,

Dwight

I'm going to use a piece of horse trailer mat under my slab and I'm going to see how what's left over on my table to see how it works as a poundo board. It may work, it may not but I'll find out.

Chris

I'm going to use a piece of horse trailer mat under my slab and I'm going to see how what's left over on my table to see how it works as a poundo board. It may work, it may not but I'll find out.

Chris

Let me know........I have considered a stall mat to go on top of my bench

Let me know........I have considered a stall mat to go on top of my bench

I surely will. Might be a while though. I'm still in the process of building the shop in the barn.

Chris

You can contact the manufacturer

http://www.induscousa.com/cuttingpadapps.htm

I searched and searched for these guys. I think you posted this in another thread a while back. Bookmarked now...

I forgot who made it too, and had to look it up again.

You can also order cutting board material in large sheets or different thicknesses from McMaster-Carr

I forgot who made it too, and had to look it up again.

You can also order cutting board material in large sheets or different thicknesses from McMaster-Carr

Any decent sized city will have either a restaurant supply place or a plastics supplier you can get it from without the shipping. Search for HDPE sheet. That is the hard stuff, LDPE is softer.

Edited by TinkerTailor

I have the ability to use a large horse stall mat. Mine is about 4' X 7' X 3/4". You can get a lot of sizes. Works great.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/horse%20stall%20mat